Are You Pulling For The Bobcats to Past Us?

BusBoyIsBack

On one hand, I want to see the Hawks double their win total from last year and get 26 wins.

On the other hand, being more practical their record would be more meaningful if they stopped winning and the Bobcats had a better record because we would have the 3rd worst record in the league.

What's the difference between the 3rd worst record and the 4th? Almost a whooping 10% chance of landing a top 3 pick.

The 4th worst team has a 38% chance of landing a top 3 pick while the 3rd worst team has a 47% chance of lading a top 3 pick.

Seeing that a top 3 pick could land us someone like Tyrus Thomas, LaMarcus Aldridge, or Andrea Bargani to significantly upgrade our 5 spot, Im def pulling for Charlotte to finish higher than us.

The only question is, how does the tiebreaker work? If we have the same record is it by head to head matchups or conference record. If it's by conference then we're screwed because our record is better than theirs.

Yes, I'm pulling for the Bobcats. However, I'm pulling for them to pass us, not past us. Sorry, just had to point that out.

I know some will say I'm not a true fan for saying that but wins at this point, actually for the past 2 or 3 weeks, don't mean much. Wins at this point are only cosmetic. Whether Hawks fans like it or not, we're better off losing the rest of our games and maybe moving up a spot to increase our chances of getting a better pick. It opens up more potential trade opportunities while obviously giving us a better pick.

Quote:

Who cares? From is being said, the players in this draft suck anyway.

So LaMarcus Aldridge a guy drawing Jermaine Oneal comparisons sucks?

Tyrus Thomas a guy who has a Ben Wallace mentality on defense and that can jump out a gym sucks?

Andrea Bargnani a guy who has Dirk comparisons with added defense sucks?

It's pretty clear you have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

Unfortunately though we won today and what makes it even more painful is that Charlotte actually won as well. I don't think it's possible for them to pass us now unless they win 2 straight.

Quote:

Quote:

Tyrus Thomas a guy who has a Ben Wallace mentality on defense and that can jump out a gym sucks?

Unfortunately though we won today and what makes it even more painful is that Charlotte actually won as well. I don't think it's possible for them to pass us now unless they win 2 straight.

We need the lottery to bounce our way for a change. Someone will grab Morrison or Gay early; meaning as long as we at least have the 4th pick, one of those big three should fall our way...

Quote:

Quote:

I don't and never have kept up with college in any form. Just going by what I say... Seems like none of these guys are a must have.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I don't and never have kept up with college in any form. Just going by what I say... Seems like none of these guys are a must have.

Well I wasn't trying to attack you, Im just saying that one of these guys could make a HUGE difference. Ok so maybe Greg Oden is a better prospect but we can't have him and we need to deal with it.

The fact of the matter is these 3 guys have 10 times as much potential than Zaza Pachulia on both ends of the floor.

If we add another defensive and offensive presence down low it will make Marvin/Smith's job a whole lot easier on both sides of the floor.

Would also make the Hawks team in general exponentially better. No more worst in paints in the paint. No more help defense giving up the open 3. A big man could also take pressure off our backcourt with Joe Johnson in particular.

Without question we should be pulling to get one of these guys and if that means pulling against teh Hawks the last two games and pulling for Charlotte (even though my goal at the beginning of the season was to double our win total and we are only one win away) then so be it. We need to increase our chances of landing one of these guys.

I don't want another SF and we need a big man a lot more than a PG. Not to mention a solid big man is harder to find.