Diesel

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

I think that there is a reason to be afraid of a Euro player bailing. If you recall, before we traded Diaw.. Diaw said that if he remains unhappy, he would bail and go back to Europe and play in the Euroleague. That's why I don't have any regrets that we traded him and that's why I don't particularly want any Europlayers... save Batista.

But if Bargain Man can convince some ownership that he really wants to prove himself here, I think that he has the best package of potential in the draft after Aldridge.

I don't agree with your criticism of Marvin and JSmoove but we both can agree here. AB is the real deal. He is not the next Nikilo whatever his name is. This guy is a lot closer to Dirk than he is to that bust from Georgia. He also has desire to play defense. Something Dirk is just now getting.

He probably won't be great for 2 years but from day one he'll be better than Zaza Pachulia. Zaza would make a nice guy coming off the bench too. A helluva lot better than Batista or Edwards.

I would be totally satisfied with Aldridge, Bagnani, or Noah if he declares.

Based on our lottery position we should get one of those 3 guys and I would be elated to get either one. We don't have to give up anything in this draft to get a position of need.

I am just hoping that we get something for Al Harrington.

Quote:

Unless we get totally screwed and get like the 6th-10th pick then there is no need to trade up.

Someone should fall to us.

Heck even if we had the 10th pick I'd take that Baby Mutombo Saer Sene.

Assuming we don't win 2 straight, we will either be 3rd or 4th in the lottery order. Meaning the worst we can fall to is 7th, and it's highly unlikely. Picking 10th is not possible

Agree...as long as it's not a "project" big man. Where we are in the draft and with the options this team has, I see no reason the Hawks can't start next year with a big body that can come in and do the job right off the bat.

Have to admit though, if we drop out of an Aldridge or Bargnani spot, it would be interesting to run some scenarios on a trade-down. Gut feeling says a guy like Sheldon Williams could do us some good and we might be able to do something to parlay a move like that into getting more.

Morrison is the wild card IMO. He seems like a dangerous pick (I certainly don't see us being interested)...but he will also be tough to pass up for some teams. He has the offensive skills and the hype.

you can't adequately predict 'who will be off the board' in this draft until the order is assessed. Even then there are some questions; but this draft, perhaps more than any other, is FILLED with parity and bereft (imo) of a player (that I see right now) who will quickly (or even eventually) become a true 'franchise' player.

agree completely on this assesment.

JJ is not JT. he has shown a much greater ability to play the roles of both sg and pg within the same game, even the same quarter or half.

a pg is greatly needed (though I still believe than a true interior defender is the slightly higher priority).

if a pg is acquired, regardless of who he is, then a defensive ability is a definite requisite (obviously) and an outside shot is second to this (which lowers Rondo some, though I still 'like' him for no reasons that I can truly defend given my previous statements).

Crawford likes the ball...a lot. and shoots a TERRIBLE percentage!

~~I apologize to all for the many subsequent posts today. I'm sitting down at the computer for the first time and replying as I come across posts/statements that I deem meritable for a reply/I have a strong dissenting or agreeing opinion. I typically hate it when people do this and realize that I am doing it more often (though hopefully replying to different people/posts within the same thread than 'adding on' to my own previous posts). again, my apologies.