• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Realgm V.S. Hawksquawk

DominiqueWilkins

• Premium Member

This place is like home...whilst RealGM is like, well...not home. I don't post there anymore either. Got tired of the pop-ups, ridiculous trade proposals, and insta-trolls who pop in and say...

"Guess wat? Teh Hawks are l0s3rs and will nevah evah own like teh Knicks rox. Ur team is so sorry and (decent hawks player) is a joke. Hah hah!"

-KnickerBocker1212

With the diversity over there, homerism stays in check (most of the time), but I don't need to visit RealGM for unbiased Hawks opinions. Many of the posters here are uber-informed and well rounded. I usually just come in and pick through posts by certain people.

The only reason I visit RealGM now is for news and views in OTHER forums. I like to get the scoop on other teams' personnel interests.

You can get some good information on RealGM, just not on the Hawks forum. The keep up with league stories, rumors, and transactions really well. Some of the posters understand their teams, cap situations, and cap rules better than people on Hawksquawk.

Jaywalker leaving Realgm was a major blow to the Hawks forum.

agreed. his moving was the primary reason that I stopped going to that site (and my personal hits on the site increased dramitcally when they titghtened down and only let him post his articles there).

Realgm is fine for looking into other teams, gauging their temperments and whatnot...but for the Hawks, it's a pretty far cry from this board.

Quote:

You can get some good information on RealGM, just not on the Hawks forum. The keep up with league stories, rumors, and transactions really well. Some of the posters understand their teams, cap situations, and cap rules better than people on Hawksquawk.

Jaywalker leaving Realgm was a major blow to the Hawks forum.

Jaywalker use to talk on espn, but realgm came into the picture, and he stayed with them. I miss the articles he wrote the most, because I don’t think the Hawk writers on realgm (can’t remember his name) are a step down, but they still are still nice to read, and it’s not like I would expect a Jaywalker article from them once Jay left.