1B - Nick Johnson, Chris Jackson (ugh)

2B - Jose Vidro, Todd Walker

3B - Jorge Cantu, Aramis Ramirez

SS - Felipe Lopez, Michael Young

OF - Alphonso Soriano, Brad Hawpe, Shannon Stewart, Alex Rios

Util - Travis Hafner

Bench - Hideki Matsui

DL - Coco Crisp

SP - Brett Myers, Johan Santana, John Smoltz, Jake Peavy, Randy Johnson, Jose Contreras, Tom Glavine (I feel like a traitor)

RP - Trevor Hoffman, David Weathers, Scot Shields, Francisco Liriano

DL - Mark Prior

I had to auto draft so I can't complain; not too bad, but far from great, at least offensively. The best part - I'm sitting at 6th place in a 7 person roto league... I'm doing my best not to do any knee jerk trades to get a power bat. Thoughts, comments?

• Moderators

I would try to trade Michael Young for a big 1B to upgrade your lineup. Lopez is pretty good and someone like Delgado would be a heck of a lot better than Johnson over the course of the season. Alternatively, I would try to deal him for an OF, although Matsui will soon be back in your starting lineup there.

No doubt. I've already fielded offers for Delgado but they involve Soriano AND Peavy and I'm not that desperate yet for a power bat. I did pretty well last year with waiver acquisitions (Ensberg, Zito off the top of my head) and I'm gonna see if I can't find a few gems this year also.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to go straight up for both of those guys for the two weeks I mentioned but all I got were ridiculous counter offers. The best one I got was Soriano AND Santana for Brian Roberts, some random SP and a 1B that wasn't an upgrade.

In the end I felt that I had to give up one of my SPs to get the deal done. I was thinking of someone other than Soriano to trade, but I'm thinking that in the case of Young (who was the other guy everyone wanted) his numbers are going to get even better once it starts warming up in Texas. I'd rather have him through the course of the season over Soriano because there's no denying that Texas is a hitter's park and D.C. isn't.