• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We need to draft a 1 or a 5

tmac13

Quote:

...That being said, Zaza is our center for the forseeable future. And for those who criticize, I'd dare you to name any available centers who would be better than Zaza next year.

Yeah JB...that looks like the way it will work out. What we need is a PF who can play alongside Zaza and take some of the load defensively.

That doesn't take much away from our current "anticipated line-up" for next year. The PF just takes Al's place inserting interior defense (probably at the cost of some scoring Al provided). There should still be enough forward minutes to keep most happy - JS starts at the 3...MW primarily backs up the 3 and also backs up the 4 spot on a limited basis.

Starting Zaza, MW at the 3, and JS at the 4 would be a HUGE gamble that could keep us in the 20's as far as wins again next year (IMHO)

• Premium Member

I don't disagree with JB.

There's nobody who will be immediately ready for minutes on this level.

I think the closest is S. Williams. For that reason, I can see Al coming back as an intermediate while we nurture somebody.

I really don't consider the draft pick to be as important. It's a weak draft and we have a weak position (as far as our needs are concerned)..

BK won't get a PG that high..

BK can't get a Swingman...

Either BK trades or somebody helps the Landlord's stock to be high by Mid June.

Quote:

Quote:

...That being said, Zaza is our center for the forseeable future. And for those who criticize, I'd dare you to name any available centers who would be better than Zaza next year.

Yeah JB...that looks like the way it will work out. What we need is a PF who can play alongside Zaza and take some of the load defensively.

That doesn't take much away from our current "anticipated line-up" for next year. The PF just takes Al's place inserting interior defense (probably at the cost of some scoring Al provided). There should still be enough forward minutes to keep most happy - JS starts at the 3...MW primarily backs up the 3 and also backs up the 4 spot on a limited basis.

Starting Zaza, MW at the 3, and JS at the 4 would be a HUGE gamble that could keep us in the 20's as far as wins again next year (IMHO)

It would only be a gamble if 3 things happen

A. We get absolutely no one in FA

B We draft a total stiff

C Marvin Williams and Josh Smith don't improve one Iota.

Even if you give them modest improvement

Smoove 15ppg 8 rebounds 2.5 bpg

Marvin Williams 14 ppg 6 reb

Zaza 17pts 8 reb

I think that still makes us a play off contender.