• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Video of Yi Jianlian

KB21

Quote:

Yi Jianlian Video

Pretty impressive 7-footer.

You should add him to your top 10. He's not as tall as Yao but certainly more athletic. He was in a dunk contest. This guy can run the floor like Joakim Noah and has very impressive dribbling skills for a 7 footer. Oh and did I mention the great jump shot and shot blocking skills?

People say this is a weak draft class but there are several pretty damn good international prospects including Jianlin, Splitter, Bargnani, and Sene.

according to NBAdraft.net he's still growing and projecting to be like 7-2

WOW CAN U IMAGINE A CHINESE DIRK????

sry, i can't help it, im from hk

Strengths: Unlike other Chinese big men like Yao Ming or Wang Zhizhi, Yi is extremely athletic ... very good body type, long arms and big hands ... hasn't stopped growing yet, is projected to reach 7-2 ... great stamina ... nice ball handler and passer, some say he's able to play all 5 positions ... he has great speed at running the floor, jumps really quick and can dunk 360s ... amazing rebounder, anticipates well ... great defender, excellent shot blocker ... left hander with decent range ... develops more and more low post skills, like a jump hook ... intelligent player, knows how to use his physics ... battled fellow Draft prospect Ha Seung-Jin to a standstill, although Ha has almost three years, three inches and 70 pounds on Yi ... at the age of 15 he literally dominates 18-19 years old players, as he did at the Junior World Championships in Greece ... if you think of how good he'll be by the time he enters the NBA Draft (likely 2006 or later), it's hard to image he'd be something other than the first pick overall

Weaknesses: Still raw, because he didn't play organized basketball till the age of 13 ... has to learn the fundamentals of the game ... unpolished yet, especially on the offensive end ... needs to refine his post moves ... too thin to hold a place in the paint, needs to develop muscles ... questions about his real age, some say he was born in 1985

so basically, he's just a little thin and raw.

Quote:

Thanks, that was pretty interesting. If he's around in the second round I'd definitely take him (but I wouldn't count on it). He still looks like he's a little ways away to me in terms of strength and conditioning, but he's agile and can jump for a 7-footer.

base on that scouting report, he seems to have plenty stamina for a big guy.

I just saw the allstar game he played in versus the top highschoolers, and he was easily the most impressive player on the court from a defensive standpoint...He is simply huge in terms of wingspan..He could very well be a Mutombo type player.

"based on that scouting report, he seems to have plenty stamina for a big guy."

^I'm just looking at his body. He looks thin and a little soft to me right now in terms of making an immediate impact. I think he'll be a good pick for someone who can invest some time in letting him develop and get stronger. I think he could become stronger and more explosive with some real NBA training and a little more time.

Quote:

"based on that scouting report, he seems to have plenty stamina for a big guy."

^I'm just looking at his body. He looks thin and a little soft to me right now in terms of making an immediate impact. I think he'll be a good pick for someone who can invest some time in letting him develop and get stronger. I think he could become stronger and more explosive with some real NBA training and a little more time.

hmm, i just read something about the CBA, that they don't release their players until they are 22. He's set for the 2009 draft.

NVM

http://nbadraft.net/draftbuzz054.asp

the guy finishes strong.

i'd have to see some verification by NBA people that he is a 7 footer though. if he is then there are alot of 7 footers he's playing against over there. almost every time he has someone as tall if not taller guarding him in this video.

that would be cool though to get a Chinese guy ala Yao. i wonder how that would be received in Atlanta.

Quote:

the guy finishes strong.

i'd have to see some verification by NBA people that he is a 7 footer though. if he is then there are alot of 7 footers he's playing against over there. almost every time he has someone as tall if not taller guarding him in this video.

that would be cool though to get a Chinese guy ala Yao. i wonder how that would be received in Atlanta.

if he measures up at 7 feet then this may indeed be our guy. we've been scraping around on this board trying to find a big worth of drafting. apparently someone may have dug deep enough.

anybody got Billy Knight's email address?