• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Did anyone notice...

OuthouseRag

Yes, Boris looked very good last night I thought. We can't look at it as a player we lost anymore just b/c he would have never done that here. He has the right system and the right coaches around him right now. IMO, you can't knock BK for this b/c obviously he saw this talent.

That's very true. I try not to make many opinions on coaching b/c I really can't see the obvious differences between them. I really don't know where we should go from here. Let the players and coaches grow, make wholesale changes....? What's available that is better and a legitimate option?

Quote:

I've never been a GM or a coach but I don't believe it is the GM's job to play the players in the right positions. The GM's job is to assemble the personnel, correct?

Definitely not. That's the coach's job.

It's the GM's job to try to get personnel for every position, and he failed somewhat in that regard.

It's the coach's job to figure out where to play his players and how to get the most out of them. Woody definitely failed with Boris in that regard.

It's a player's job to give it his all and do what the coach asks. Boris definitely failed to do that when he was here.

Quote:

Quote:

I've never been a GM or a coach but I don't believe it is the GM's job to play the players in the right positions. The GM's job is to assemble the personnel, correct?

Definitely not. That's the coach's job.

It's the GM's job to try to get personnel for every position, and he failed somewhat in that regard.

It's the coach's job to figure out where to play his players and how to get the most out of them. Woody definitely failed with Boris in that regard.

It's a player's job to give it his all and do what the coach asks. Boris definitely failed to do that when he was here.

I still think the onus of the blame is upon Boris. It's kind of like the Vince Carter situation.. he was tanking it in Toronto in order to get traded. It's a bush league move that athletes do all the time. Just that usually it's done by star athletes, not draft picks.

Yeah but there was no misuse of Vince's talents in Toronto. He was played at the right position, given plenty of PT. He just quit.

It seems now that Woody was playing in the wrong position, and wasn't using him in efficient ways at all, and woody alienated him. Woody gets half of the blame in my book.

Quote:

Yeah but there was no misuse of Vince's talents in Toronto. He was played at the right position, given plenty of PT. He just quit.

It seems now that Woody was playing in the wrong position, and wasn't using him in efficient ways at all, and woody alienated him. Woody gets half of the blame in my book.

Fair enough, it's the lack of blame for B***s D**w that really gets my goat. I mean.. he didn't TRY. You'd figure that would be the ultimate sin in sports.

Quote:

...I still think the onus of the blame is upon Boris. It's kind of like the Vince Carter situation.. he was tanking it in Toronto in order to get traded. It's a bush league move that athletes do all the time. Just that usually it's done by star athletes, not draft picks.

OMG...you actually think a guy on his rookie contract was "tanking"...are you serious? The guy was on the verge of leaving the NBA he was so frustrated. This is plain and simply a case of BK/Woody picking a guy for a spot that wasn't right for him - then when he couldn't do it they discarded him to the pine without adapting to his talent. This was a simple and typical example of the "bull headed" approach of these guys...unable to adapt.

Yes, I am serious. He didn't want to play here, and wouldn't do what was asked of him. That's exactly what I meant by tanking.

Well I see what you mean but I think a combination of - not fitted well to the position they had in mind for him - frustrated - unsure of himself - in over his head(?) - whatever like that might be more appropriate than "tanking". Tankers are selfish, money motivated "me guys". It doesn't fit with what he's doing now.

At first I was pissed at Boris because I thought he just didn't like his situation and wasn't playing hard. However, maybe he is just inh the right situation now. Doesn't Phoenix run their offense much closer to what euro leaguers do? This would explain his better play. He is now in a system that suits him.

Quote:

Well I see what you mean but I think a combination of - not fitted well to the position they had in mind for him - frustrated - unsure of himself - in over his head(?) - whatever like that might be more appropriate than "tanking".
Tankers are selfish, money motivated "me guys"
. It doesn't fit with what he's doing now.

Thats Vince Carter to a "T". He was tanking to get out of Toronto - plain and simple. He wasn't playing to the best of his abilities because he wanted out - don't know how that could fit the definition of tanking any closer.

Quote:

At first I was pissed at Boris because I thought he just didn't like his situation and wasn't playing hard. However, maybe he is just inh the right situation now. Doesn't Phoenix run their offense much closer to what euro leaguers do? This would explain his better play. He is now in a system that suits him.

Definitely.

But he definitely refused to do what woody was asking him to do too. If boris had shot the open shots, and if woody had played him at the 4 and involved him in more pick and rolls and other situations where his passing would be effective, all would have been better.

Either way he would have walked at the end of his contract so he was worthless to us

For some reason he just didn't have confidence. Maybe it was being a rookie, or being new to USA, or maybe the coach didn't handle him right. Most likely it was all 3. He would turn down lay-ups in Atlanta - now he leads the Suns in shots taken in game 7 and game 1? That would never have happen in Atlanta.

I'm guessing it was a combination of several things already mentioned. Performance anxiety, coaching philosophy, giving up/whining, etc. The one reason I don't agree with is position. Boris is not a PF, and definitely not a C.

He was weak willed enough to not give full effort. Many rookies, or players at any level, do this. Things don't go your way so they give up. Money is one thing, but the motivation for money is not enough to overcome a person's nature. How many people aren't willing to work hard to advance themselves, even if they could make more money?

Quote:

Quote:

...I still think the onus of the blame is upon Boris. It's kind of like the Vince Carter situation.. he was tanking it in Toronto in order to get traded. It's a bush league move that athletes do all the time. Just that usually it's done by star athletes, not draft picks.

OMG...you actually think a guy on his rookie contract was "tanking"...are you serious? The guy was on the verge of leaving the NBA he was so frustrated. This is plain and simply a case of BK/Woody picking a guy for a spot that wasn't right for him - then when he couldn't do it they discarded him to the pine without adapting to his talent. This was a simple and typical example of the "bull headed" approach of these guys...unable to adapt.

Well he is French, and they tank in war, which is far more serious.