• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anybody ever do any fishing?

Diesel

Fishing was our video game equivalent when I was a kid and I still love it.Although I don't use Texas rigged plastic worms/jigs that often - the guy I fish with (Royal) loves em and he is much better than me at landing bass). Key is, the hook sinks back into the plastic making the bait weedless. Royal (no not Ivey)uses the new "smelled up" baits and bottom bounces them. He leaves them on the bottom between bounces for 5 to 10 seconds at a time (where I lose patience). But hey - he caught an 8 pound bass and many smaller ones from our little lake this winter (when I was catching nothing).

It's a real "feel" thing he tells me...you gotta feel the little tug when the bass sucks up the bait - and you actually let the fish run with it a bit before you hit it. I'm used to crankbaits and spinners where the fish hits and basically hooks itself.

I plan on learning the technique better this year though, it's obviously VERY effective when done right.

• Premium Member

I'm sorta the same way.

I'm getting interested in plastic worm fishing after years of not doing it.

I have been a live bait and spinner bait kind of guy because they require the least amount of skills. However, now that I have more time to go to the neighborhood lake, I can find a spot, find a good structure and try to fish it...

i went out this past weekend, caught a few bass.... after catching crappie and brim primarily.

Then I saw this guy catch a monster bass (had to be 12 pounds).. By bottom fishing with a smelly bait like you would for a catfish. So I figure if all the big ones are on the bottom, I need to learn how to do some rigs... I've been watching ESPN... Micheal I.. breakdancing...

I just have never been any good at how to tilt the pole or how long to wait before working it back... nor do I feel the hits so well.

However, I'm going to try because fishing is fun!