• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Three chances: need plan a, b, c, etc

DrReality

Seems that the Hawks have three viable options to gain critcal pieces for next year, and these pieces could make a huge difference to put us into the playoffs.

1. The draft

2. Free agency

3. Trade Al

Given these three avenues the priorities are to address Bigs and a point guard. BK HAS TO HAVE contingencies for all circumstances.

First step is the lottery (Next Tues night) to see where we pick and who is likely available. The next two steps are more tricky and may very well depend upon one another.

ARe there more pg's in the draft or FA? And the same with Bigs? BK made a huge move last year with JJ, but he needs to make a couple moves to meet our needs.

What is the master plan?

A. How about take best big available with first pick, Aldredge, Bargnani, Sheldon W.

B. Trade Al to Pacers for the their 17th pick and Foster or Pollard. (or could deal for one of their pg's and the pick)

C. With the 17th take Rondo or best guard/big, which ever we don't get in the trade.

D. FA: Go after Banks, Pryz, J Butler.

If we have better options on a gp in the lottery, reverse the plan and take Williams, Foy, ? with the first pick and then Simmons, Obryant, etc with the 17th.

Tell me what is wrong with the plan?

Regarding B:

It's been said that everyone outside of JO on the Pacers is available (contrary to what was the scoop of the week last time around), and Jamaal Tinsley's name came up specifically in an Sportscenter segment. I remember us taking Tinsley for the Pacers when he came out and although I was mad that we didn't keep him then, it's safe to say that he's been somewhat of a disappointment - or inconsistant at best - since then. Whether or not a change of pace will improve his game is questionable, and I think he's more of a bust than a misplaced player.

Regarding B as well, we cannot trade Al till long after the draft. I don't think the Pacers are going to give us anything concrete until we can sign and deliver Al with contract in hand.

Maybe they can pick a player we want and then when the FA signing period begins, we can work somrthing out; but that is a reach at best.

Guest Walter

that certainly is viable and is more viable than relying upon a trade that's less likely to happen (because Al or a team can simply sign outright) or FAcy that doesn't offer any real talent likely to leave their existing team.

Quote:

First step is the lottery (Next Tues night) to see where we pick and who is likely available.
Quote:

And if we pick top 5 the BPA will be a forward.