• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Some thoughts on the Leastern Conf.

mrhonline

• Premium Member

It's interesting how the East is already starting to take shape this early in the season:

1. Indiana - with their depth and talent, they may be at this spot all year long.

2. Orlando - their next six games are on the road and they'll be lucky to win two of them.

3. N.O. - (see Indiana).

4. Detroit - how they manage to win games with that offense is incredible.

5. NJ - not sure whether they really are vulnerable on the road, but the gap between them & the other teams is closing.

6. Philadelphia - same story every year - they rise and fall with Iverson.

7. Boston - I'm not impressed by their wins over the Knicks, Bulls, & Shaq-less Lakers. I think they will falter after the All-Star break.

8. Washington - There is a tremendous amount of pressure on this team with Jordan's (probable) retirement upcoming, and I sense the same thing with them as I do with Boston.

9. Milwaukee - The odds-on favorite to finish the season 41-41. How come Kukoc didn't play this well for us?

10. Atlanta - An easier schedule ahead and if the Bucks' fans are right about Big Dog's consistency, then I don't expect him to struggle much longer.

11. Chicago - This team will be win a championship, but, of course, not this year.

12. Toronto - I think they are a little better than this, but not much.

13. Cleveland - Imagine how bad they would be if Ricky Davis had gone elsewhere.

14. Miami - I'd hate to be Eddie Jones this year.

15. New York - It's nice to see them suck this much, but I will cry for weeks if they draft James next year.

For the most part, the best teams are starting to rise to the top already...Indiana, N.O., and N.J., et al. Yet Detroit and Boston are the only teams in the top eight who have played more away games than home games, so I expect the Hawks to start moving back up the standings...

I agree w/ you that Indiana and N.O. will be at the top all year and I think N.J. will be the team to beat when it is all said and done.

As for the rest of the Leastern Conf. I think the Hawks could be that 4th team once they begin to form some sort of team identity, it seems that everyone is playing cautiously like they don't want to step on each others toes, someone needs to step up and be a leader. I think that needs to take place by the end of November or we could be in trouble. But overall these other teams (4-10) aren't more talented than the Hawks.