• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

More Randy Foye Talk

KB21

I disagree, because Kyle Lowry has not proven that he can consistently shoot the basketball. We need a guy that can play off the ball in the half court set and push the ball when we want to run. I believe Randy Foye is the best fit. We do not need a guard that struggles to shoot when open and off the screen. That gives us nothing more than what Royal Ivey gives us right now.

I like Kyle Lowry, but not for this team.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Walter

...I'd rather trade Al for Ben Gordon than have Randy Foye.

What a horrible reach that would be. We had a chance at 3 top tier Pgs last year and we settle on a risky combo guard, with little upside potential (small size and senior), & with questionable shot selection. This is not good.

In short, if Foye was that great of a perimeter player or that proven a Pg in today's college game he would have entered the draft 2 years ago. Perimeter players develop and peak sooner, he's about at it IMO, and he's a reach regardless. I'd rather have Roy, maybe even Fernandez if I was forced to pick a guard. If I could have any reasonably available guard it would be Ben Gordon who is everything Foye is but far better, sooner.

W

Quote:

I disagree, because Kyle Lowry has not proven that he can consistently shoot the basketball. We need a guy that can play off the ball in the half court set and push the ball when we want to run. I believe Randy Foye is the best fit. We do not need a guard that struggles to shoot when open and off the screen. That gives us nothing more than what Royal Ivey gives us right now.

I like Kyle Lowry, but not for this team.

Lowry >>>>> Ivey.

Lowry plays incredible defense, is the most athletic PG in this draft, and is the perfect PG to lead the fast break.

He is the closest thing to Chris Paul, in this draft.

Lowry cannot shoot a lick....Cannot take a PG at 5 if they cannot shoot. He is projected to go between 20 and 30. This would be a huge reach. Don't count on Lowry being our guy.

With all the talent rated so close and the real needs of the teams drafting above us, I think one of these bigs is going to drop in our laps...Bargman, Aldridge, or Thomas...if not we get a nice guard. Either way its a solid draft for us.

I don't understand the Randy Foye mania.

I mean if we want a tweener guard we can keep Salim Stoudamire who's a much better shooter.

Randy Foye has no court vision whatsoever and can't even handle the point full-time at the college level. IS this really the guy we want to be our full-time PG in the pros with the 5th pick?

Oh and BTW, this guy wishes he was as athletic as Dwayne Wade.

Well shooting can always be fixed to a certain extent. I don't think Foye is worth the 5th pick. In Lowry's defense, there aren't many who can take it to the basket like he does. I wish we could trade down and grab Rondo/Shelden or Lowry/Sene. Lowry might not be a great shooter on the perimeter but he's already better at it than Ivey. Salim is nowhere in the class of Lowry as a point goes. Salim is one dimensional, he's a lights out shooter.

Quote:

I don't understand the Randy Foye mania.

I mean if we want a tweener guard we can keep Salim Stoudamire who's a much better shooter.

Randy Foye has no court vision whatsoever and can't even handle the point full-time at the college level. IS this really the guy we want to be our full-time PG in the pros with the 5th pick?

Oh and BTW, this guy wishes he was as athletic as Dwayne Wade.

I think it will be Marcus Willimas or one of the bigs. Marcus is big enough to defend most NBA pg's and he has the skills to step right in and play his 1st year.

Brandon Roy was equally impressive but my money is on Williams if we pick a guard.

Randy Foye is a whole lot better than Salim. He's a Ben Gorden clone. I seen him play and he has the skills to play beside JJ. I think he's the perfect fit. Anybody who can avg over 20ppg in college on a good team against great comp. is special. I like Roy but i can see him as a weeklink on D against pg and we all know jj can't guard the point. If we can't get Bargi man or Alderidge I say take Foye

Guest Walter

Quote:

I'm not saying I like this lineup but is there a chance that this is our starting 5 next season?

Randy Foye

Joe Johnson

Marvin Williams

Josh Smith

Samuel Dalembert

It's not a bad lineup it's just not a good enough lineup (and we all know it). Absolutely NO post scoring AT ALL. At some point you need it even with a 2-time MVP at Pg and a gimick coach, neither of which we have or are even close to having.

I don't think we have a superstar player despite JJ and we should hope to get one now as we don't have enough future capitol (traded pick, no FA, less cap space) with which to get one soon after this offseason.

Several ways to do so? Trade up from 5. Trade a redundant player at Sf with Al. Draft, don't sign our pick and package that pick with Al, said redundant Sf, or both.

People here seem to be settling for ANY completed lineup and not a top notch one.

W

Quote:

People here seem to be settling for ANY completed lineup and not a top notch one.

Not true for all of us. I think Smoove, MWill, and JJ will give us a triple threat top notch lineup in the very near future...

I agree Buzzard...I'm not as upset about Marvin as others and think that he along with Smoove (and possibly Chill) will be a solid young core with JJ. We just have to do something at the point and Center. If I knew what plan was best...I'd be the GM. (But I would actually tell you guys what our direction is).

Quote:

We just have to do something at the point and Center.

Agree. BK has stated publicly that we need to address getting a big; and hopefully he also sees that JJ cannot handle all the ball handling and scoring for our back court as well...

Guest Walter

Quote:

That's exactly my problem with that lineup Walter. Could it win anything? I think Dally is way overpaid and Smith would have to drastically improve his post-up game.

...than seek a legitimate chance at a title much less greatness.

I love the talent and/or potential of JJ, JS, and MW just as much as anyone, and while JJ is a fairly good distributor and JS and perhaps MW can play very short periods at Pf without costing the team significantly, Neither JJ is a Pg nor are MW or JS (better as) Pfs. Thus, all this potential and talent is in a bottleneck of two positions (not to exclude Childress).

THIS IS NOT VERSATILITY PEOPLE! This is the definition of redundancy.

Adding a meager talent in Foye, who is a perimeter player senior without a true position and having all but maxed his talent out does not a winner nearly make. Nor does adding an overpriced Daly (I'd just as soon pay a 4 year younger ZaZa 300% more.). These sort of moves both cap us out dissallowing needing future improvement through FAcy (and given our lost pick next year that's important, poorly use our draft capitol as Foye is not a player that is going to get much better, is not a Pg despite his height, and is not a superstar), and attempt to putty around the skill set, size, and positional holes our talent positional redundancy costs us.

So in short:

1) This team still needs a superstar. Do not overvalue JJ on a winning team. On a winning team he is best a second option in large part because it allows him to be a distributor more.

2) The only time to feasibly accomplish getting a potential superstar is this offseason given we have no pick next year.

3) We have a high draft pick, positionally and skill-wise redundant capitol, and potentially Al to combine with either of the two or both in a trade.

4) Randy Foye does not address point #1 as he is not a potential superstar and is not a valuable trade commodity (because he's a so/so 'tweener with maxed out development). Do not select him! What other team would want him that much?

5) Daly or players like him cost too much, are one dimensional and as a result offer too little. Just don't even go there right now. We could trade up a spot or two and get a two dimensional big, cheaper in terms of salary and draft capitol.

There are alot of options to improve this team, but embracing having two position with talent rather than filling out a team with talent, drafting safe, and paying too much for a meager big are not among them!

W

Guest Walter

Quote:

I would absolutely rather pick Lamarcus at 5, but I think you are selling Foye a little short...

He reminds me A LOT of a young Chauncey Billups...I wouldn't complain if Foye turned out like him.

They compare him to Billups also and they usually considerably oversell.

But I don't think I'm selling him too short. Billups was better as a Freshman and Sophomore than Foye was as a senior! 18.5, 5.6 RPG, and 5.1 APG as a freshman and sophomore combined for Billups to 11.9, 4.1 RPG and 3.2 APG as a freshman and sophomore combined for Foye! THAT's A HUGE DIFFERENCE!!!

Foye is a 'tweener senior perimeter player. THAT means he's maxed out relative to other picks, isn't a true position player, and (when compared to Billups) he isn't all that good regardless.

W

Just because Foye didn't start playing well til later in his career, that doens't mean that he can't be a solid NBA player.

I would say that is the best word to describe him..."solid"...that is how I think of Chauncey, Foye might never be THAT good, but their playing style is VERY similar.

Guest Walter

Quote:

I would say that is the best word to describe him..."solid"...that is how I think of Chauncey, Foye might never be THAT good, but their playing style is VERY similar.

...player. They develop faster than bigs and max out sooner. That's where Foye is and it isn't all that pretty. Moreover, Foye being a combo guard DOES NOT mean he plays like Billups. Billups never averaged so few APG as Foye regardless of year experience. That's including Billups as a Freshman and Foye as a senior. They are the same only in height and size.

W

Foye doesn't have as high of assist #'s doesn't mean that their style of play can't be similar. Height and weight are NOT the only things they have in common. They have similar ball-handling skills, and to me at least, they seem to "move" in the same way...both very solid players.

I wouldn't mind having Foye, but obviously would prefer a better player.