• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bulls could get the number 1 pick next year

Bulldog

Included in the Curry deal is the option to swap picks next year. It is possible therefore that the Knicks have a similar season to this year and end up with the number 1 pick in the 2007 draft which Chicago could take and the chance to draft Greg Oden.

It would be amazing if the Bulls were to make the playoffs two years in a row whilst getting the number 2 and number 1 picks in each year... Also Oden looks unbelievable. I personally think he looks more like a Mutombo than a David Robinson but hey thats pretty good!

That trade looks worse and worse for the Knicks...

Greg Oden has stated many times that he is not ready for the NBA. That he is going to stay at least two years in college. I know, money talks and if he dominates next year, chances are he'll go. I'm just stating what he has said, many, many times. This kid is humble, and he does honestly believe he's not ready for the league. I'll be anxious to see how he performs at the Olympic try-outs against the NBA's best...I'm sure that will factor into the decision.

Quote:

Greg Oden has stated many times that he is not ready for the NBA. That he is going to stay at least two years in college...

Wow - I hadn't heard that...I thought his coming out next year was a forgone conclusion. Well, that'll add more drama to next year's draft.

• Moderators

Quote:

Greg Oden has stated many times that he is not ready for the NBA. That he is going to stay at least two years in college.

That isn't what his family said when they changed the draft rules.

Quote:

Oden's mother said she was upset that the NBA changed the draft rule, but did not plan to challenge it in court.

"I'm teed off because I just don't understand what they're trying to prove or what this will accomplish," Zoe Oden said. "This means that Greg is held back a year. The option has been taken from him."

I think you are buying into the PC line a little too much on this one! wink.gif

Quote:

I think you are buying into the PC line a little too much on this one!
wink.gif

Agreed. The guy's name is buckeye after all.

I think Oden might even believe that he will stay, then again maybe not. Even if you only plan on attending for a year, you don't want to tell all your fans to be before you ever come to campus that you'll be ditching them after a year. It's just not done. So whether he believes it or not, it's in his interest to stay.

I think that after a year of college, if he's still the concensus #1, he'll go pro. Just too much money to turn down.

Does anyone know if his family has money? If his family is broke, waiting on him to succeed, you better believe he's coming out.

But I know it's hard for a fan to understand these things sometimes, we so want to believe that we'll never be betrayed!

True. I am a buckeye fan, and I want Columbus to shine. However, if you read my previous post - money talks, and no one here is expecting Oden to stay. He just said he wasn't ready, a number of times, and if OSU falls short of expectation, it's not a stretch Greg Oden might stick around. I'm hopeful, yes, but I'm just relaying what he himself has quoted.