• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Whats Going on?

asdogg

this is all ridiculous...almost this entire board was calling for JT's head back when he started for us so all of this 20/20 hindsight genius is useless..people didn't want to trade him, they just didn't want to re-sign him period...

now i will criticize BK because I think a mistake he made was that he was trying to start over instead of at least assessing the talent and seeing if any of the players could fit in his long-term plans...

but don't let a good game by JT sway your thinking...he's not steve nash all of a sudden.

I think BK thought Walker had more trade value than JT. Also making the move freed up salary capspace quicker. We took on Walker's contract but also dumped Henderson's last year. In retrospect it probably wasnt a good deal. We didnt get much for Walker. JT would have been a good fit with JJ. Somebody did present a good point too, we might have been able to include JT in a deal for JJ and saved some picks.

The Nazr dumping and letting Pryz just leave also seem to be bad moves. Still, BK doesnt have us stuck with any bad contracts so we have capspace and young talent. To finish the job he has to find the last few pieces and that may be hard to do unless he gets lucky. But at least so far I'll take what we have over what most GM's would have given us.

Quote:

Quote:

It really hit home tonight when JT lit it up in Game 1 of the Finals. What do we have to show for that trade?

Joe Johnson

You can't be serious. You really think we couldn't have gotten the JJ trade done without the 21st pick this year?

Face it, we got absolutely nothing for JT except Walker to take minutes away from the whole team. We only saved $4 million in the deal anyway and I think BK could have gotten something a lot better with the Henderson contract.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It really hit home tonight when JT lit it up in Game 1 of the Finals. What do we have to show for that trade?

Joe Johnson

You can't be serious. You really think we couldn't have gotten the JJ trade done without the 21st pick this year?

Face it, we got absolutely nothing for JT except Walker to take minutes away from the whole team. We only saved $4 million in the deal anyway and I think BK could have gotten something a lot better with the Henderson contract.

without that pick, we woulda had to give another pick of ours

or one with much less protection, etc

Man this thread is awful. I liked JT as much as the next guy but he had a terrible attitude at the end and our team sucked.

We always say we could have gotten more in trades but how do we really know what is being offereed? We don't. Maybe the JT deal was the best on the table. What if we held on to him and his attitude got worse and teams actually started offering less?

I'm with KB. I like where we are and where we are headed. We are going to have a SERIOUS team next year. These young guys have heart and talent and if we get Roy or a nice Big it is over we are going playoffs.

Crying over Diaw and JT makes me laugh. They weren't part of the solution here. BK blew it up and started over. I'd rather have what we do now then JT and Diaw anyday of the week and twice on Sunday.

Quote:

Y'know, I was beginning to think that I was the only one in here who could understand... Role players, and even good players like Stackhouse/Walker/etc, are to be had a dime a dozen any day of the week. Hell, if you've got the right core, then you can also attract the right free agent
stars

As far as JT (or Diaw for that matter) is concerned, I don't want to hear it. People blasted him to pieces while he was here, but now the want to hang BK for trading him...WTF. Anyone who watched JT knew exactly what he was capable of - he's a phenomenal shooter. If you put him into a situation with a star that draws attention (like Dirk), then he is going to have a field day.

We did not have that environment for him here. Nor did we have a coach or a system that could effectively utilize him. We knew that we needed a ball-handling 2guard or big point to compliment him, but the search for that guard was ridiculous and limited the way we could go about building our team - we always had to keep in mind the size of any backcourt player we were looking to add.

For what it's worth though, I don't think that was BK's issue. I honestly think the man is trying to make a name for himself. GMs are moved around all the time and if BK is moved, he wants to make sure that people can see his work. He doesn't want anyone else (coach/former GM) to get any credit for any success that this Hawks team sees going forward.

Wow, I think I agree with every point made here. Keep in mind also JT was the goods that allowed us to get Alan Henderson off the books.