• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Aldridge

bretski33

I believe LaMarcus Aldridge is the only answer for us in the draft. This versatile big man has a smooth post game and is a great shot blocker. I think he is just what we need- a young center who can develop with our other youngin's. If he isn't on the board when we pick- then I don't see much value as far as point guard or center (our obvious needs).

I totally agree. If he some how slips to #5 he is our man. The reason there is no Aldridge talk is that no one expects him to be around at #5. There are 100's of mock drafts boards saying he may slip b/c all 100 mock drafts cannot say the same thing.

If he is taken 1-4 as expected we got to look at O'Bryant, Williams, & Simmons. I agree we definately need a big.

My order would be:

1. Aldridge

2. Williams / O'Bryant - a tie until I see measurement on Williams and mental test on O'Bryant, I have the edge going to Williams b/c he is proven and we have enough "potential" already.

Roy is moving up big time -- maybe even to the Bulls at number 2 or Charlotte or Portland. So...

1. Andrea Bargnani

2. Tyrus Thomas

3. Rudy Gay or Adam Morrison

4. Brandon Roy

5. LaMarcus Aldridge????

This could actually happen, which would be even better than if we had drafted Aldridge number 2 or 3, because at 5 there's a lot less pressure and he can develop at his natural pace without the Hawks getting killed in the media.