• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why the infatuation with Shelden???

DavidSomerset

Guest Walter

Quote:

Diesel...can you tell me...are you advocating the selection of Shelden over all players? I mean if he's at five and it's our selection time, you want Shelden hands down? Not only can I not say that, but I think Shelden shouldn't be drafted before 8. If that's the case, we trade down and select him.

I'll take the 15 PPG senior with 4 scorers on his team not one over the 18 PPG senior any day. The stats don't tell it all as Aldridge can score in a variety of ways early in his career. He's a valid pro-style post scoring option already.

W

• Premium Member

I think that Shelden is the second best player in this draft behind Morrison. Period.

I think that Shelden fits our need better than anybody.

I like Shelden/Simmons/Roy/Aldridge/Rondo.. but if I had to choose just one, I would go with Shelden.

I don't let others tell me how I should think especially when I have watched these guys play for the last few years. I have envisioned that before the draft, Shelden would be somewhere in the top 7. I know for sure that if he falls to 8, Houston will definitely take him and Houston is probably a team that has given him a guarantee.

The people I truly wonder about:

O'Bryant - What did he do all year in a weak conference?

Marcus Williams/Foye = What did these guys do before the tourney?

Aldridge - How is he considered a better offensive player than Shelden?

• Moderators

Quote:

Aldridge - How is he considered a better offensive player than Shelden?

Because he has shown a greater variety of effective moves at a younger age and has a great frame and good athleticvism for future development.

That's the part that is crazy to me. To me, we're building a team that is geared towards young and running. How does Williams fit with that. Williams doesn't seem to have that ability to run with the horses (that's why I asked you Diesel). Aldridge fits with the profile of this team better if you ask me. (Johnson, Smoove, Marv, Aldridge, Chill - if around....)Now if you talk athleticism, there you have it.

Quote:

I think that Shelden is the second best player in this draft behind Morrison. Period.

I think that Shelden fits our need better than anybody.

You have fell and bumped your head. And that bump is pretty big. Shelden the 2nd best player in the draft?? What are you smoking?

We need a 6'11" to 7 footer that can play way more than we need a 6'8" to 6'9" forward. And by the way adding to the other slew of forwards we have on this roster. I am sorry we don't need another small forward. We need a legitimate tall PF or a Center or a PG.

Also, if Shelden is projected to be picked around 9 or 10 you trade down and get more value for the 5th pick!!! You don't waste that pick like that.

Belkin is looking pretty damn good to me right now the more I hear of picking Shelden with the 5th pick.

• Premium Member

2 years ago...

I watched Aldridge and was disappointed... He wasn't aggressive with the ball he was about a 10 point scorer. This year, he improved a lot...but I still think he's not on the same level as Shelden in terms of a total package.

Offensively however, I think that there are some overbloated claims about what Aldridge can do. People talk about being overpowered. Cs and Pfs will blow Aldridge out of his position. Notice what he did against big Cs in his college career.

• Premium Member

Why doesn't Shelden look like he can run???

I guess you will have to wait on 40 times and agility drills to help your eyes to open...

However, I have seen Shelden block the shot, get back down court to participate in the fast break.