• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Why did we release Shammond Williams!

Hawksfreak

No offense to JT but SW just over powered him last night. JT was exosted after the game and couldn't believe what happened. If we had SW we wouldn't have this problem. We should have gave him a chance because when we released him I knew he was going to be a threat one day. In the ajc he said he belonged in Atlanta. Here is our options........

GET Shammond Williams back

GET Kenny Anderson

cause Shammond Williams sucks!!! LOL He's a junkmail that can hit some shots, we aren't the Celitcs and our offense isn't predicated on getting it just far enough up court for a ballhog to launch a 3. SW looked good last night against JT (who is more n more often getting abused by scrubs like SW) but he isn't good for 19 and 6 every night.

Actually Hawksfreak we didn't have a roster spot for him. Lenny Wilkins wanted to keep Anthony Johnson instead because he was a veteran PG and thought he would relieve Mookie the Burden of having to play so many minutes. It is kind of the same way we passed on Toni Parker because Babcock didn't think he could contribute right away, and before any of you say anything I don't think that Williams is on the level of Toni Parker.BTW I remember the comments by Steve Smith the day Shamond was cut saying that "Williams will defenitly help some team wherever he ends up playing."

• Premium Member

AJ was coming off of a very strong yr with Sacramento after a very strong Career at Charelston. He was a more pure Point than Shammond. Also, he had better size which went with our Big Gaurds in the halfcourt game.