• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Trade of JT Scenerio...

Diesel

• Premium Member

Some of you can say that I "see what I want to see", however, if you read that post and what BABCOCK said... How can you not see it? He said that he doesn't expect DD to be able to lead this team. How obvious does it need to be? What he is saying is that he's probably using JT as trade material.

Now I thought about it just a little bit more and here's what I see:

Babcock might want to trade JT because JT has a contract coming up and right now, the Hawks don't have the room to pay him 5 million dollars more than he's makin right now.

Babcock might want to trade JT because if you pair him up with Big Dog, he may be able to get some allstar quality players in return... My Memphis trade was just a starting point... There are other deals that may be out there.

Babcock may feel that JT will never be a good enough PG to run this offense.

So let's lookk at some other thoughts.

JT/Big Dog/CC to Seattle for Lewis/Anderson/Forte/1st.

JT/Big Dog/CC to Miami for Best/Jones.

JT/Big Dog/CC to Philly for Iverson/Snow.

• Premium Member

IF we could send Big Dog, CC, JT to Seattle and get back:

Lewis, Barry, and Anderson. I think that the deal works all the way around.

Here's why.

Anderson can play PG for about 25-27 mpg here and do a quality job. Lewis can give us the same thing that Big Dog did except he's more athletic and he defends a tad bit better.

Barry is probably the best all around player in the league. He'll give us what we need.

It works for Seattle because Des Mason is probably as good or better than Lewis. GP's replacement is Terry. Terry is homegrown. Big Dog can play both SF and PF in Seattle (if need be).

• Admin

I don't see it the way you see it. Our starting lineup, apart from the pathetic game against Boston, has played very very well. YES, we've had turnovers! But only an idiot would refuse to see that the majority of those are from lack of team chemistry. I've watched or been to every one of the games. I've seen guys being out of place when a pass was coming, not anticipating passes or getting passes before they were in position to catch them. That's not "lack of talent' that's lack of team chemistry. Besides, over the last five games our turnovers had dropped siginificantly.

I think Babcock clearly understands that beyond JT we don't have ANYONE who can run the offense. He stated the obvious, DIckau isn't going to be able to run the offense. We need someone else who can handle the ball both when JT is on the floor and more importantly, when he is not.

regardless, JT will not be traded for the fodder you mentioned. Travis Best, PLEASE. That's pure jokes. JT is 6th in the league in assists and his Turnovers have dropped steadily.

I mean c'mon, wake up and smell tthe coffee. Seattle is 3rd in the west. They aren't going to shake up their lineup like that, get real. Best and Jones? I'm sure riley would do it, but nobody else would. That's a dumb trade. Iverson and snow will never happen, get that thought out of your mind.

Diesel's silly JT trade ideas are meant more to provoke posters than to be serious. Really, trade your only ball handler away for a team in serious need for ballhandling. Please.... If Diesel would watch the games he would see that the turnover issue is caused, like you basically stated, by our lack of O chemistry, our lack of solid b/u help at the pg, an our total lack of a ballhandler at the 2 guard position. Those are the real issues that need to be addressed either through more practice time or a trade for a combo 1/2 guard who can handle the rock. We may also need to consider whether GRob and Ira can coexist as starters since both guys are pure small forwards.

He's overweight for a SF.....DIdn't he also play PF

in college.Big Dog is really too overweight and slow

to play SF...esp on defense.He's not quick enough

to keep up with opposing 3's....He has no 3pt shot,

he rebounds sorta like a PF.