• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Conference standings

Gray Mule

I know it's early in the season, but --

Right now, in the East, Hawks are the #8 team, which means that, if the season ended right now, we would

make the playoffs.

Another interesting note, in their division ----

Lakers & Clippers are tied with the Warriors only 1/2 game

behind them.

Hawks really needed that victory last night. Now we are

back to .500. A loss would have made us 2 under .500.

Big difference.

May not be a big improvement, but every little bit helps

when games are so close -- Matt M. got to play just a

bit last night -- Didn't play great but didn't blow it

for the Hawks either. Takes time to get your "Game

Legs" under you after being out for so long.

At least Matt hit the open Jumper last night. Email can't do that but shoot an airball. Matt didn't play at all last season and will need time to get his courtawarness back and get use to some of the new rules including having only 8seconds to bring the ball up the court.

• Admin

We are ahead of the curve. As this team continues to improve, as it naturally will, we will win more games and win them more easily. We are ahead of the game right now. We are winning and losing games on the individual talent of a few players. We've really only played like one or two good games as a team, if that. If they are still winning and losing this way in a month or so, I think a coaching change is in order. But right now you can't expect much more. We have tremendous talent all around, the future is bright.

He was pretty bad last night aside from the 3 he hit at the buzzer. I didn't expect too much from him being that this was his first game action in 2 years and he didn't do anything to surprise me. 3 turnovers in 6 minutes is about as bad as it gets for a backup PG. DD certainly wouldn't have been any worse in 6 minutes than Matt was last night.

I can see one thing already. When teams have good perimeter defenders like the Sonics do, there is no way in [censored] that Maloney can be the PG with Ira at SG. That lineup has NO ballhandlers and the Sonics took advantage of it in a hurry. If Maloney is in the game, E-Mail (or JT) needs to be in there with him as well.

I do think Matt will get better as he gets used to playing again and I think he brings some excellent perimeter shooting which will come in handy against teams that like to zone up.