Solomon Jones

29 games

36.4mpg

139-287 FG/FGA = 48.4%

105-135 FT/FTA = 77%

285 rebounds = 9.8 rpg

90 blocks = 3.1 bpg

383pts = 13.1 ppg

I like this pick alot too. If he doesnt pan out then so be it, it was a 2nd rd'er. I like his upside here more then say a Diaz or Gibson.

Guest Walter

Quote:

I like this pick alot too. If he doesnt pan out then so be it, it was a 2nd rd'er. I like his upside here more then say a Diaz or Gibson.

I will never understand spending a #5 pick on a lesser (not Okafor) 1-dimensional, short big.

W

Elton Brand.

If he can defend, rebound and block three shots a game (which he did his last three years in college), what's your beef?

How 'bout we let him fail before we pronounce him a failure?

It's hard to argue with the logic of the pick. Interior defense uber alles. Shelden is the best interior defender, and he's not a plodder. He fits with our club.

I really do like the pick.

The plus about Solomon is that he has shown improvement over the course of his career and with the right tutelage maybe he can become a contributor off of the bench. On a side note he had 12pts 12rebs 6blks vs Uconn this year.

He reminds me of Pape Sow who came on this year for Toronto. Kid has the ability to be a rebounding and blocking machine, that could start the fast break for the young guys. He could definitely be a sleeper if he gets enough playing time. May need to go down to the D League for some seasoning. Love the pick.

One thing about both picks is neither were 'sexy.' IE nothing glamourous about them, which is what all the hype is about. Everyone is talking about upside in 2-4 years, but I want to see us take the next step THIS YEAR. Go Hawks.

• Premium Member

Quote:

May need to go down to the D League for some seasoning. Love the pick.

I'd like to see how he does with real talent around him before sending him down to Arkansas. He faced legit NCAA big men in a very tough conference, he may in fact be ready to step into a backup role.

Quote:

i'm not sure about jones...he may be a decent player but we don't really NEED him

When John Edwards and Estaban Batista are seeing the court, you NEED some help.

This kid has ridiculous upside. If he plays for any other school in that conference and he goes as high as Josh Boone maybe even Hilton Armstrong.