• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Now that that's straight... LETS GET AI!

Diesel

Diesel, I would certainly stop belly-aching if the Hawks get AI. I'm not a fan of Shelden, nor do I think we should have taken him at 5. The problem was there could have been something done if the "promise" hadn't been made. We could have parlayed the majority interests in Foye and Roy and done more with the pick. But it's water under the bridge now. I'll support Shelden, but he's certainly not a sexy pick. (Literally either!)

• Premium Member

This draft was not about potential. And too many time potential fails anyway. This draft was about picking the best player for your team. BK found the guy who fits our needs best. Weather we got him 5th or 8th... it doesn't matter. What would have mattered is if we had tried to get him 8th and end up not getting him at all. It's just busted logic for a lot of HSers hating Shelden because of when we picked him.

The other busted logic is those HSers who are hating on Shelden because of his height 6'9". Sorry but he dominated NCAA basketball. You say " Well, that's not the NBA".. Excuse me but I would say that seeing that 96% of the NBA comes from the NCAA, that it is to the NBA. No HSer can show me a case where a player has been as dominant in the areas that Shelden has been dominant and wasn't good in the NBA!

We are a team that needs a good interior player like a man in the dessert needs water... and HSers are complaining because we didn't get a mediocre PG or a OG who doesn't do anything exceedingly well?

Finally...

You just don't know what plans BK has already made. Maybe he's already worked out a deal for Livingston or AI or Devin Harris. Maybe he will bring in Francis or Andre Miller.

The key is that you just don't know what we will do... BUT what you should understand is that we filled our most pressing need last night and we filled it with the best player available so stop the crying.

I'm a grown man Diesel...and I don't cry. Call it whining if you will, but it's amazing that you're not the GM with your vast array of knowledge. If you read, I think you'll see that at least I have never said I'm done being a Hawks fan. I said that I wasn't a fan of the pick at 5. I stand by that. As much as you say he's what we need, that may be right, but it could be wrong too. I'd expect your MW trade posts to pick up now too.