• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

BK to be on Dimino's show on 790 this AM

skaughtybee

I've wondered if Crawford might be the guy, given that Thomas wants Al and their salaries match. If Butler were thrown in, that would be a definite bonus. (he's restricted FA though and may have to agree to the deal?) If this is the deal, it could be that it'd get done pretty quick since Al would like to go to NY.

Re interview: I appreciated BK's willingness and openness. It was apparent that he's been coached, that some of his past comments have bombed and that he was willing to address that. I thought that they wanted to drill him about last years pick, make comparisons: ie what would've happened. That wasn't fair.

My impression is that BK is a guy that I'd like to work for because he gives such straight answers, no bs. But that this does not translate to PR. I also think that how he says things sometimes gets him in trouble. There is a defensiveness in his voice that gives the impression he's hiding something. Very apparent though that he wanted to be available and open in order to repair some damage.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if its someone from Belkin's side I think it matters a lot as its evidence of Belkin undercutting the franchise. Of course this is COMPLETE speculation.

The point from now on is that we have two players who look like they can really contribute to the team. Are you against the two players we have added? What if we add Crawford and a big from NYK for Al. Those are some darn good moves.

Ultimately, I don't buy the leak stories at all, but I do buy the team that is starting to form. The Harrington SnT is really going to help the club.

I think the defensiveness comes from him feeling that some of the questions were just plain moronic. Some of the stuff asked was just that. Like you said, the Hometown question about what if we had X, Y and Z, was silly. Once you have one of those then the whole equation changes.

In all I felt BK really tried to give information. It was hard for him, and you tell that, but he stuck with it. That he admitted he needs more work with PR was also a good move on his part. Dimino and Hometown did and OK job, but more focused questions would have been better.

I think there are a number of positives to Salmon, but I don't know he can keep up with the quicker guards when he plays next to JJ. That has been a draw back to JJ's pg play. Having a big in the middle to clog the lane will help, but I'd think we need someone with more quickness to prevent opposing guards killing us.

Quote:

...Having a big in the middle to clog the lane will help, but I'd think we need someone with more quickness to prevent opposing guards killing us.

Agree, and that's why I am a little concerned about BK using Dee Brown as an example of what we don't want (I didn't hear the interview but someone posted that). Dee, specifically, may not have been our savior - but that is the type of guard that the league's rules are set up for right now. I seriously doubt the nba will ever go back to allowing hand checking because they need more excitement and scoring.

So it seems to me like our "plan" at PG is out of touch with reality some. Sure, everybody would like a 6'2"+ PG who is quick enough to play good D, can push the ball on the break, and can shoot - but those guys are few and far between. If we are looking in that direction just to cover for Salim's lack of height on the defensive ebd it might be a mistake.

The Dee Brown comment by BK was in response to a direct question about Brown in the interview. That is, why didn't you select Dee Brown? The response was that BK thought the Hawks needed to get bigger and Brown wasn't what he was looking for. Now that can be taken as Brown wasn't a big or wasn't the type of guard, no follow up was asked on that.

BK did say he's intently looking to get a starting caliber point for us. You are right that he's looking for a guy with size to cover for Lue and Salim, but we would have to play a guy with size to play with those two no matter what. We might as well get a PG that:

doesn't pound the ball

can hit the open jumper

can push the ball

and has size

In otherwords, Crawford.

I also like the idea of getting Crawford simply because Isaiah would be the trade partner. We could end up with future picks galore!

If Thomas has been given one year to win (like Brown was unfairly given) then he is going to be highly motivated to get the players he wants. Money never seems to be a problem with NY so they could Al what he wants. That would be a hell of a back court.

I think that could very well happen.

DrR, Crawford does look like he'd be a great pickup. That would give us a lot of guards though.

Crawford

JJ

TLue

Salim

Royal

Chillz (sometimes)

With JJ being a workhorse (I realize they probably want to reduce his minutes some this year, but if he's gettin it done it's hard to take him out) - it won't leave many minutes for the non-starters. It might be best to move somebody to break the logjam (like TLue to LA for a pick).

Quote:

DrR, Crawford does look like he'd be a great pickup. That would give us a lot of guards though.

Crawford

JJ

TLue

Salim

Royal

Chillz (sometimes)

With JJ being a workhorse (I realize they probably want to reduce his minutes some this year, but if he's gettin it done it's hard to take him out) - it won't leave many minutes for the non-starters. It might be best to move somebody to break the logjam (like TLue to LA for a pick).

I think Royal is the odd man out at that point.

I know for a FACT that a promise was made because I know one of the agents. People in the league were making fun of us...

This promise thing has been a HUGE image problem and they are running like hell from it and hoping it goes away...which it will.

Don't be such a dumbass...Shelden packed up his workouts and canceled at least 3 that I know. Why??? Because he was told to knock it off and #5 was so much higher than he was expecting to go...he GLADLY complied.

I also know that Chicago was messing with BK saying they might draft Shelden because they knew that Billy was absolutely mesmerized with Shelden...they thought that he might actually trade up! In the end they did a deal with the Blazers. But when you show your hand to the world...you have zero leverage. The leak about the promise was from Arn Tellem...he told several teams that the Hawks were taking Shelden...when he canceled the workouts. This promise was a rank amateur move...

There are some gullible people on this board that believe everything they hear...funny stuff. Yeah, no promise was made...BWAAAAAHHHHHHH! ooo.gif