Replaying parts of the BK interview on 790 - 12:30

tmac13

Its really the best interview I have ever heard with BK..He ia actually honest and straight forward..He says flatout that JJ/Marvin/Smoove are the core and won't be moved..Says Chillz is a 2, can play some 3..Says Marvin is a 3, maybe can play some 4 in a small lineup..Says Smoove can play either forward spot..Says sheldon is a 4/5..

Said Foye is a combo guard, and says Roy is a 2..

Real good interview..Maybe it will usher in a new relationship between BK and the public/media which I think is good for the Hawks..This team needs to be talked about, good or bad..Its much worse to be ignored than to be critcized..To be talked about at least means that the people give a damn one way or the other.

• Premium Member

Just got through the first part. While it may have been revealing, Billy was generally defensive, and never really answered why the best-player-available philosophy served him 2005 and not the 2006 draft.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Just got through the first part. While it may have been revealing, Billy was generally defensive, and never really answered why the best-player-available philosophy served him 2005 and not the 2006 draft.

He didn't have too because there was no way he was going to draft another 2 guard and ignore the big gapping whole in the middle of his interior defense. plus the difference in talent was not that great.

• Premium Member

Peoria, that's all fine, but the point of my post is that I was looking for *BK* to say that or whatever other answer... he actually got asked the question, but the interviewer let things drift around a bit, and BK was never held to answer it explicitly.

He gets ripped for taking BPA. He went the safe route (ya know, the route that the public usually likes) and now is getting ripped again. This is incredible.... If we took Rudy Gay (best talent available) then we would have to endure instant laughter that lasted probably 3 years.