Blazers not even caring about losing???

If the Portland Trail Blazers were bothered by the beating they had just absorbed, it was hard to tell in the locker room afterward.

Dirk Nowitzki had 26 points and 15 rebounds and Steve Nash added 20 points, five assists and four rebounds as the Dallas Mavericks beat the Blazers 103-88

After getting soundly beaten by the league's hottest team, some of the Blazers gathered around a TV to watch the closing minutes of the Indiana-Seattle game before showering.

Bonzi Wells was soliciting bets as to what Gary Payton would do with the ball in the final minute, and others were talking trash about Ron Artest.

When Payton made a shot to give the Sonics the lead, Rasheed Wallace, Wells and others cheered loudly, prompting reserve Antonio Daniels to mutter, "We just got beat by 20, and they're cheering on a team in our own division.''

Fancy this...they just lost by 20 to the mavs then watch the sonics v pacers game and yet are cheering for seattle? a team they are trying to catch up to in their own division? what the [censored]!!!

Is this the most heartless team to ever play in the NBA????????

Somebody just posted it and I forgot to post

the link here.

But does it really surprise anybody either?They

are the most heartless team to ever take court.

The question has been asked several times...How

do Blazer fans support them??

First of all the Northwest is a lot different from the south in that you don't have the college sports here... people in the south, midwest northeast follow college sports a lot more closely than out here and frankly oregon and oregon state are not exactly basketball powerhouses, and neither is located within 1.5 hours of portland anyway...

Many people grew up with the blazers as being the only game in town (it still is for the most part) so someone in atlanta could never understand that... (why did those fans in sacramento sell out the arena every game when their team for years was pathetic? it was the only game in town!) Plus prior to allen buying the team (the old owner was one of the classiest acts in the NBA) and installing that piece of [censored] bob whitsitt, there weren't as many problems...

you also have to remember that right now is pretty much the worst the team has been (in attitude) ever... all time... so if you pulled for a team that has made the playoffs 18 years in a row and it is the only game in town, you aren't folding up the tents right away... But I will say this... I've heard more grumbling about the blazers recently (for good reason) than I have in my 7 years here...

The problem is whitsitt... portland fans here despise him... he is buddies with paul allen and I'm not sure that allen would ever fire him!

• Premium Member

Having lived in the South for the 1st 13 years of my life, moving out West was quite a shock for me. You're right about the lack of college basketball teams (not a Zag fan, though?)...But it's not really that far from Portland to Seattle...Considering that I have to drive 4 hours to see a pro baseball, football, or basketball team (I'm not counting the Panthers, they play like a college team). If I lived in Portland, I'd be pulling for the Sonics...