• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I have to Agree with our Ownership Group...

I'll be the first to say that Al Harrington's bad decisions on the court cost us a number of games last season. But if Bernie Mullen did say that we can't get the right value for Al, we should keep him untill at least the trade deadline.

The one thing our team needs is a post scorer, and there isn't one that will score like Al does avaliable. He will keep us in the playoff race until at least the trading deadline.

that's a deep yet unspectacular team...it could get us to the playoffs too....

but it's a risk...he'll get paid with us and then we'll have to find someone willing to take on his contract even though i'm assuming he'll get less minutes.

Quote:

that's a deep yet unspectacular team

How do we play all thses guys that are just as good as one another? Are we gonna have an 10-11 man rotation on a nightly basis? That's a lot of subbing. We should use this depth to our advantage and full court press a lot more...seeing as our bench (with the exception of Joe) is just almost good as our starting 5.

Quote:

Quote:

that's a deep yet unspectacular team

How do we play all thses guys that are just as good as one another? Are we gonna have an 10-11 man rotation on a nightly basis? That's a lot of subbing. We should use this depth to our advantage and full court press a lot more...seeing as our bench (with the exception of Joe) is just almost good as our starting 5.

Actually last year pretty much everybody was apart of the rotation except for John Edwards, and in the beggining of the year Esteban Batista. But Esteban later worked his way into the rotation with obvious improvement on his all-around skill. I think Coach Woodson will not have a problem getting everybody the playing time they deserve.

noooooooo to al

we don't need another year of having al hold our guys back, defering to him every night

we don't need another year of waiting for him to get injured so we can have 1-5 games of no al to see glimpses of the real hawks

i'd rather us have al walk than re-sign him and keep him for another year or longer

besides, shelden and david andersen (59% fg%?) are gonna help make up al's post game with their low-post offensive skills

and u saw that we scored just fine without al the past 2 years...and our defense is better just by losing al plus plugging in shelden will help

add in speedy 6+ apg and some defense at the 1 spot, and u are looking at a better team that could possibly be looking at winning in the 40s this year

You forgot about Soloman Jones. That is too many players to carry on the roster. I know we could hide one player in the NBDL and that will probably be Jones but what about Batista? I don't think Edwards will make the team this year. Someone stated we have already picked up the 2nd year option on Batista but I would have waited. A frontcourt of Shelden Williams,Zaa Zaa Puchillia, Al Harrington, Esteban Batista and David Anderson is still very thin. I would like to pick up another center with size like Kelvin Cato instead of Esteban Batista. He might play for a 1year deal at 2 or 3million. Yeah I know 3mill is a little too much but I would do it just to piss off Belkin.

batman isn't going anywhere, and that's a good thing

he's taking his time learning the nba way and english and how to stay out of foul trouble and what not

but he's a bruiser and the entire team is scared to face him in practice...wait until he learns how to not foul and then other teams will be scared to face him in the paint in games

add in smoove's blocks and shelden's landlording and teams will one day fear coming into our paint and the layup drill will be OVER