• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If we can S&T only w/ Belkins approval...

y2kenta

Didn't Belkin state that he wanted to pursue Iverson if he takes control?

Well, I think we should grab AI before BOS screws PHI into moving him there. Iverson loves the city and I believe he would be the so-called "Savior-type" player that we need. QUOTE me if you want, but I've been for Iverson-to-ATL since I first heard of the rumors, and I think that we could easily be a 45+ win team with him. WHY?

+ First of all, regardless of what he may bring negatively, the guy will bring the biggest heart in the game to a team full of young super athletes that need his leadership.

+ The obvious reason, of course, is to spark the city and blow up our attendance numbers, while solidifying us as big time playoff contenders. Who could honestly look at us, and say, "what were they thinking?" I mean everyone from sportswriters to analysts to bashing fans have looked at us as a lowly and cellar dwelling team.

+ The AI Effect is that we get an allstar. Need I say more! We haven't a consistent allstar since Nique. The last hawks to even make one were Smitty and Deke. Offensively, the guy has enough left to give us about 30+ppg / 5+ apg / 2+ steals for atleast 3-4 more years. That's if he was to come and we keep him that long. Defensively, he's not a great one-on-one defender, but his ability to play team defense, jump passing lanes, and to get others around to play team defense, makes him a defensive pest.

You put a guy like that next JJ and you may have the best duo in the league. Because JJ's greatest abilities are shooting and playmaking, AI only opens up the floor more for JJ to do both just like Nash did. Both could man the point when needed and both are among the better clutch scorer in the league today. Why pass that opportunity up? Really.

And that's not even mentioning what the backcourt would be able to with the growing/ developing Joshes/ Marvin over the next 3-4 years. This team would quickly pass respectable and become intimidating. It takes alot of pressure off of them by having a MVP-quality leader to grow with.

+ We are a better deal for PHI and city for Iverson. PHI could probably Telfair (not too bad) but who else, (injury-riddled) Szczerbiak? Is that really better than young Al + steady Lue + maybe Chillz (only if filler is a must)? Does AI really want to go to another city with a rough, demanding following to play with a pure scorer/ ballhog or one of his favorite cities and one of his homes in the offseason to play with a playmaker/ scorer?

+ We went big in the draft and change the look of our team inside, then we picked up Speedy for PG upgrade? AI would be the ultimate upgrade and if we can get him and keep JJ, SMoove, Marvin, and Zaza, that's a big steal at a cost of only cap space. But like I like to quote, "What good is money if it can't make more money?"