Russell Grubbs (and Norwich) update..

drzachary

The season is going better than expected. 7 games into the non-conference portion of the season, I'm 3-4, but most importantly, I have a top 50 RPI! My opponents are all solid, so the close losses count. My Strength of Schedule ranking is a terrifying *9*.

My team is all frosh and sophs, so any wins (or appearances on any stat leader sheets) are really enjoyed by the gang. We've got to form a cohesive group now for the future.

Lester Hine is having some serious growing pains. I promised him a starting job, and he proved incredibly inept at it, so I'm basically asking him to play solid D and get open looks for his teammates.

Russell Grubbs has been fantastic. He was forcing the 3-pt shot too much earlier in the season, so I asked him to just take what the defense gives him... in my last game, he took 14 shots, 13 of which were 3s... and he made 8! He finised the game with 28 points. Great for a freshman on the Div-III level. The game was also a victory over a team that was 6-0 at the time.

Quote:

Man I thought my team was improving, but it turns out Im a 21.5 point underdog next game, lol! Theres nothing not cool about this site, good luck to everyone the rest of the season! And Dr. Z, shall we schedule a game for next season?

Definitely. We could do a home and home if that's possible?

Quote:

Man I thought my team was improving, but it turns out Im a 21.5 point underdog next game, lol! Theres nothing not cool about this site, good luck to everyone the rest of the season! And Dr. Z, shall we schedule a game for next season?

Scheduled a game on your home court. It looks like you can only select an opponent once for non-conf games, so we'll have to do a game on my court the following season.