Nazr's Almost Ready!

Inside_Man

Should Nazr take any of Hendu's minutes as the b/u 5? I have been very impressed with Hendu's play even as the b/u 5. While he is an inch shorter and several pounds lighter than Nazr he is much more physical. His post D is much better than Nazr's and his post O is better than Nazr. Heck, Hendu is the best O rebounder on the team. There are few large Shaq like 5s in the east so Hendu can easily play the 5 most nights. I am curious how Lon will use Nazr in the rotation.

Particularly at the 5. Hendu IS our best offensive rebounder but Nazr is our best defensive rebounder and he is a better midrange shooter than Hendu as well. Nazr is a big guy and he takes up a lot of space on the floor. I think he will be much more effective against teams like Detroit and Minnesota than Hendu (and even Theo in some circumstances) because he's so much bigger.

As long as Nazr doesn't go to the fade away, he's pretty effective on offense. His D has always left a lot to be desired and he does play soft at times but he is still a quality player and he should bring a big boost to our rotation. Hopefully, his return will impact Ham's minutes the most (not Hendu's) and we won't see any more lineups with Hendu at Center and Ham at PF.

I think Hendu is a better overall player than Nazr. To me the only advantage to Nazr is he takes up a little more space and is somewhat more of a center type player than Hendu. I think Nazr's stats show him to be a good rebounder just because he doesnt try to intimidate shots, he just blocks out and rebounds. That would be a good combo to have on the floor with Theo and I hope Lon figures out how to do it. Doubt he will though, the more traditional sub pattern will be bring in Nazr for Theo and Hendu for Reef.