• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

*sigh*

drzachary

Lost on a last-second shot to Adreian (6-1 at the time). However, my Strength of Schedule rating is up to a gaudy 1, and my RPI only fell 3 slots. I think if I can stay in the top 30 RPI and have any kind of winning record, I might even end up in the National Tournament.

My record right now is 4-5 and my RPI is 21, SOS 1. I'm basically the WIS Div-III version of real-life Div-I Temple.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

I am actually worried about playing you next year now. My team is horrible, and my best two players by far are leaving after the season.
frown.gif

My team looks horrid on paper... we just keep gutting out wins.

Quote:

yup. I'll be Suffolk in the GNAC. When does the scheduling occur? I don't have the team until next season.

Las, next season, you'll be able to schedule nonconference games for the FOLLOWING season.

so my schedule for next year is already set? Or are you in the process of setting it as we speak?

If so, you guys (not dr zach) should try to schedule non-conference games with me. Not sure if that's possible as the AI is currently destroying - oops I mean running my team

Quote:

so my schedule for next year is already set? Or are you in the process of setting it as we speak?

If so, you guys (not dr zach) should try to schedule non-conference games with me. Not sure if that's possible as the AI is currently destroying - oops I mean running my team

The SimAI will be setting your non-conf games, but he will automatically accept any requests I believe... So yeah, Esimonds should send you a challenge!

Quote:

I'm 2-7, dead last in the conference by the way. Dr Z our teams play on 8/1, before last game of the season.

I know.. I check the standings/rpi/etc constantly! smile.gif

OK I scheduled an away game for next season with Suffolk.. You guys both have good players - a bunch of guys in the 4 and 5 hundreds, I probably should have looked at the rosters before picking the team with the coolest sounding name. I had 4 returning players and 8 freshman, but I must say my losery team is growing on me.

Quote:

FYI at the gambling site you are a 0.5 point favorite tonight. I placed a $220 bet on your boys

WOW! I hope I don't disappoint. I'm still experimenting with various strategies.. and the guy i'm facing tonight has some absolute lockdown defenders.

Quote:

OK I scheduled an away game for next season with Suffolk.. You guys both have good players - a bunch of guys in the 4 and 5 hundreds, I probably should have looked at the rosters before picking the team with the coolest sounding name. I had 4 returning players and 8 freshman, but I must say my losery team is growing on me.

One thing I have learned VERY quickly is that the overall ratings of the players are very unimportant; it's the specific ratings of the abilities you require that are important. i.e. you can have a PG "Smith" with an overall score of 420 who is better than a PG "Simonds" with an overall score of 480, if Smith's spd, athleticism, passing, and ballhandling are great, but Simonds has great durability, rebounding, and low post play.

Quote:

Sweet!

You're coming into the belly of the beast? Big mistake. My homecourt advantage is a solid D.

Seriously though, two of my three 500 players are gone next year.

Returning players:

J. Bales So. PG 413

W. Bergamini So. SG 410

C. Larimore Jr. SF 402

G. Hill Jr. SF 481

L. Gardner So. PF 443

E. Hogan So. PF 448

M. Tanaka Jr. C 506

E. Riley Fr. C 407

M. Jackson Fr. C 493

B. Caesar Fr. C 432

I don't really know what these numbers mean, but it looks like I'm set at the C (right?), one serious SF, and I'm ok at the PF. Looks like my recruiting will focus on guards.

Is my team likely getting destroyed because they suck or because the AI isn't coaching properly?

Quote:

Quote:

Sweet!

You're coming into the belly of the beast? Big mistake. My homecourt advantage is a solid D.

Seriously though, two of my three 500 players are gone next year.

Returning players:

J. Bales So. PG 413

W. Bergamini So. SG 410

C. Larimore Jr. SF 402

G. Hill Jr. SF 481

L. Gardner So. PF 443

E. Hogan So. PF 448

M. Tanaka Jr. C 506

E. Riley Fr. C 407

M. Jackson Fr. C 493

B. Caesar Fr. C 432

I don't really know what these numbers mean, but it looks like I'm set at the C (right?), one serious SF, and I'm ok at the PF. Looks like my recruiting will focus on guards.

Is my team likely getting destroyed because they suck or because the AI isn't coaching properly?

The answer to your last question is probably both, but mostly the latter. The positions are less important than the ratings .. My listed SF is my mopup SG, and I start a listed PF at SF. You only want to play people one position away from their listed one though, otherwise there will be penalties. A

And yeah, you definitely need some guards.

ok I am officially psyched about this and have just spammed my friends with invitations trying to recruit more people.

Can someone tell me what my offense and defense are? I can't see that anywhere. I seem to recall that I play a zone D. What is my offense? Triangle?

Quote:

ok I am officially psyched about this and have just spammed my friends with invitations trying to recruit more people.

Can someone tell me what my offense and defense are? I can't see that anywhere. I seem to recall that I play a zone D. What is my offense? Triangle?

If you're going to rebuild, you can recruit the talent you want and then teach them the system.. or you can try to find people that fit your system, like I did (for the most part.)

It looks like your guys mostly know motion offense, and man-to-man and zone defenses.. I've heard that it's easier to get guys for zone, as man-to-man requires good one-on-one defenders (i.e. good DE rating.)