• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

York (PA) aka why DrZ should never be a GM..

drzachary

I started year one of my rebuilding of York(PA) last night in WhatifSports. While Lascar has been cruising to a 2-0 record, I am 0-2.

To make matters even worse, picture this:

My players come out on the court, completely thrilled to be in an up-and-coming Div-III program, and ready to overachieve. This is the first half of the first game under their new coach, Dr. Zachary. Dr. Z has put into effect a new system, running a motion offense with a 2-3 zone defense, as opposed to the fastbreak and press they were used to (but not conditioned to do).

In the first half of that first game, they score

TWO POINTS.

Demoralizing.

Quote:

2-0 baby, 2-0!

Count em!

My team scored as many points in their first half as GAMES YOU HAVE WON.

• Moderators

Quote:

I started year one of my rebuilding of York(PA) last night in WhatifSports. While Lascar has been cruising to a 2-0 record, I am 0-2.

To make matters even worse, picture this:

My players come out on the court, completely thrilled to be in an up-and-coming Div-III program, and ready to overachieve. This is the first half of the first game under their new coach, Dr. Zachary. Dr. Z has put into effect a new system, running a motion offense with a 2-3 zone defense, as opposed to the fastbreak and press they were used to (but not conditioned to do).

In the first half of that first game, they score

TWO POINTS.

Demoralizing.

Better go back to pressing!

Quote:

5-0!!! After a 62-53 win despite being predicted to lose by 4. I am taking this game OVAH!

j/k

Teach me, master.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

whats your record Zach? When do you guys play each other?

0-5.. getting blown out every game.

Are you still running the motion offense/zone defense?

Here's my off/def so far:

1 - motion/zone.. scored a 2 pt half. (Keep in mind that my players at the time had B- to A in fastbreak/press and Fs in motion/zone, with a few exceptions). The only bucket of the first half was scored by my recruit who happened to be the only guy with a C- in Motion. smile.gif

I found out then that you can practice offenses and defenses but not use them in thegame. So I figured I'd use fastbreak/press in-game, but learn motion/zone in practice.

2-5: fastbreak/press: all losses. The big problem here is that 5 minutes into the game, my starters are too fatigued. This is largely because the players I have have low stamina scores, and they have paltry speed/athleticism scores. (SPD and ATH are key to the fastbreak.. which has helped me eke out some wins with my other WIS team.) I have box scores with frightening things like 5 assists (as a team) but 26 turnovers. That's mostly caused by fatigue. SimAI did a really bad job last year with York.. they recruited a decent freshman center prospect, but he has a speed of *2* (out of 100. That means he's useless in the fb/press game.

So, for my sixth game (today's 2PM game) I am switching back to motion/zone. My players' basketball IQs have improved to Ds and C- in motion and zone, so I might fare a little better. I don't expect to win, but I might keep things interesting.

He's been running fastbreak / press despite his limited athleticism / IQ. I was telling him earlier to switch back to another offense where he could slow the tempo way down for now until their athleticism improves

By the way I think you should be able to follow my team here if the link works. Click on the record to see results

Quote:

He's been running fastbreak / press despite his limited athleticism / IQ. I was telling him earlier to switch back to another offense where he could slow the tempo way down for now until their athleticism improves

By the way I think you should be able to follow my team
here
if the link works. Click on the record to see results

You're half-right, Lascar. I've been running FB/press despite my limited athleticism/stamina, but BECAUSE of the high IQs in FB/press.

I have a couple of choices: try to improve my guys' athleticism/speed/stamina (via the conditioning part of the practice session), and eventually get good at FB/press. Or, I could teach my players a new offense/defense.. I've chosen the latter. In Norwich, I did the former!