• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Roll Call

Peoriabird

• Premium Member

I was going to wait until before the season to start this thread but after some of the comments over the past couple of days we have to address this topic immediately.

It is time to go on record as being a Lover or a Hater of the many players discussed on this forum. Some poster you don't have to have them sign in like Diesel. We already know that he is a Marvin & Salim Hater and a Harrington, Shelden Williams & Chris Paul lover. Me on the other hand, I am a Marvin Williams, Childress & Joe Johnson lover and a Harrington & AI hater.

How does the rest of the board feel and can someone keep tract of this thread so that 2 years from now, we can crown somone honorary GM of Hawksquawk for demonstrating the type of vision necessary to build a championship team.

P.S. no need to list players that everyone hates like john Edwards

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Premium Member

Quote:

Lover:

Atlanta: Salim, Marvin, JJ, Smoove

Other Random Guys: Rashard Lewis, Murphy, WILL BLALOCK! Jameer Nelson, Delonte West (I'm a st. joes fan,lol), Kobe

Hater:

Atlanta: Shelden, Belkin, BK, Al Harrington

Other: AI, Wade, Shaq, Melo, Marbury

Murphy lover? interesting! O.K. I'll put you down

Lover:

Zaza

Pietrus/Murphy for Al

Foster for Al

Speedy

Marvin

Smith

JJ

Shelden I will give him a while before I start the hate)

Salim

Hater:

Iverson

Magliore

Al for a 1st only

Shareef

Chris Paul

Diaw

Eddie Curry

Marbury

Francis

Anthony Johnson

I will edit as time goes on I guess.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Lover:

Zaza

Pietrus/Murphy for Al

Foster for Al

Speedy

Marvin

Smith

JJ

Shelden

Salim

Hater:

AI

Magliore

Al for a 1st only

Shareef

Chris Paul

Diaw

I will edit as time goes on I guess.

Other than Murphy, I like your list

drzachary's loves and hates:

loves: jj, smoove, marvin, shelden, speedy, zaza, batista, ivey, solomon, donta, chillz, salim, woodson, BK, diesel, corndogs, popeye jones, paul westhead, lue

hates: belkin, lue

• Premium Member

Quote:

drzachary's loves and hates:

loves: jj, smoove, marvin, shelden, speedy, zaza, batista, ivey, solomon, donta, chillz, salim, woodson, BK, diesel, corndogs, popeye jones, paul westhead, lue

hates: belkin, lue

I'm indifferent to guys like Ivey & Donta Smith although I'M leaning toward Hater. Bk & Woodson get an incomplete for now

My likes and dislikes (love and hate are too strong of words)

Joe Johnson, Marvin Williams, Josh Smith, Speedy Claxton, Zaza Pachulia, Shelden Williams, Josh Childress, Salim Stoudamire, Tyronn Lue, Esteban Batista, Solomon Jones, Royal Ivey, John Edwards, Billy Knight, Mike Woodson, Larry Drew, Herb Brown, Bob Bender, Greg Ballard, David Fizdale, Pete Radulovic, Dominique Wilkins, Atlanta Spirit, Mississippi State

DISLIKES:

Allen Iverson, Steve Francis, Stephon Marbury, New York Knicks, Troy Murphy, Pavel Podkolzine, Kobe Bryant, Adonal Foyle, Ole Miss

• Premium Member

Quote:

lover:

jj/smoove/chill/marvin/zaza

hater:

al/ai

like the potential of, but need to see more of:

shelden/slim/batman

I'm glad that more people are on the side of Hater when it comes to AI and AL so far. I was starting to worry because of the number thread started about bring AI here or resigning AL. Diesel even suggested resigning AL and playing him at center for 10 minutes per game

Guest Walter

...& hate any and all soft players.

I'll take a Batsita foul over just about anything and hate a DerMarr Johnson 3pt line camp out over just about anything. Boy he use to piss me off with his soft play.

W

P.S. However, I wouldn't invest a whole lot in a Batista-like player. Just love it. Cheap and can pay big dividends in a game.

W

• Premium Member

Quote:

My likes and dislikes (love and hate are too strong of words)

Joe Johnson, Marvin Williams, Josh Smith, Speedy Claxton, Zaza Pachulia, Shelden Williams, Josh Childress, Salim Stoudamire, Tyronn Lue, Esteban Batista, Solomon Jones, Royal Ivey, John Edwards, Billy Knight, Mike Woodson, Larry Drew, Herb Brown, Bob Bender, Greg Ballard, David Fizdale, Pete Radulovic, Dominique Wilkins, Atlanta Spirit, Mississippi State

DISLIKES:

Allen Iverson, Steve Francis, Stephon Marbury, New York Knicks, Troy Murphy, Pavel Podkolzine, Kobe Bryant, Adonal Foyle, Ole Miss

I am asking for Lovers/Haters not likes/dislikes because I know that you can't possibly love John Edwards or Ivey!

• Premium Member

Quote:

...& hate any and all soft players.

I'll take a Batsita foul over just about anything and hate a DerMarr Johnson 3pt line camp out over just about anything. Boy he use to piss me off with his soft play.

W

Come on Walt, I know that you hate more players on Hawk's roster than you are admitting to so let us have your complete list for the record.

Lover

Hawks: Smith, JJ, Salim, Pachulia

Da rest: Bruce Pearl (hell, Tennessee sports period), Bosh, Wade, Roy, Brand, Shaq, Paul, Labron, Iguodala, Iverson, Richardson (picked him in the HS mock draft a few years ago)

Hater

Hawks: Childress, Sheldon, so-so on Marvin but coming around slowly

Da rest: Diaw, Artest, Kobe, BK, every Hawks lotto pick who's name wasn't Jason Terry, Barry Bonds (oops, wrong sport), O'Bryant, Belkin, AOL-Time Warner, Rondo (without a reliable jumper, he's Dion Glover with handles to me)

Guest Walter

Quote:

Come on Walt, I know that you hate more players on Hawk's roster than you are admitting to so let us have your complete list for the record.

(gag)

I hate that we drafted MW at #2 over other players but I certainly don't hate him. I might hate SW (certainly don't like him), but I certainly hate our drafting him 5 and the way we did it.

I don't even hate BK, because he's made some good movesand his philosophy IN MODERATION is appropriate, but the big decisions have been pretty lousy when it comes to building a team. He doesn't deserve past this year unless we make the playoffs.

W

• Premium Member

Quote:

Lover

Hawks: Smith, JJ, Salim, Pachulia

Da rest: Bruce Pearl (hell, Tennessee sports period), Bosh, Wade, Roy, Brand, Shaq, Paul, Labron, Iguodala, Iverson, Richardson (picked him in the HS mock draft a few years ago)

Hater

Hawks: Childress, Sheldon, so-so on Marvin but coming around slowly

Da rest: Diaw, Artest, Kobe, BK, every Hawks lotto pick who's name wasn't Jason Terry, Barry Bonds (oops, wrong sport), O'Bryant, Belkin, AOL-Time Warner, Rondo (without a reliable jumper, he's Dion Glover with handles to me)

We probably should restrict the love/hate to player discussed on the board that would/could have been on the roster. The hawks didn't have a chance nor will they have the chance to sign or draft players like Labron or Wade

Lover- Billy Knight, Marvin Williams, JSmith, JChildress, basically the whole team except for John Edwards and Royal Ivey. also randoms include Marcus Banks, Delonte West, Vida Guerra, Sene, DavidAnderson.

Hater- Belkin, Lord Belkin, Belkinzabul, Boris Diaw, The Royal Ivey/John Edwards Machine, Harrington's D but not him, Kobe Bryant, and The Isiaih Ainge Culture Club...shorttermquickfix fans.