• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

what about Fortsen?

codyatl

A Warriors fan here- a lot of us think Arenas will be the starting point guard, that the job is his to lose. If the Warriors dealt Fortson, my opinion is that they'd want to get a power player of some sort back.

You'll notice that none of the 3 Warriors draft picks were PFs or centers.

Fortson is a good rebounder but acquiring him would require us to move Reef to SF and if we are going to have to move Reef to SF, I'd rather do it for someone beter than Fortson. I wouldn't have hesitated to move Reef to SF if we had acquired say McDyess but Fortson is not and will never be McDyess. Actually, I'd rather just leave Reef at PF and bring Nazr off the bench at Center/PF than acquire Fortson. Don't get me wrong, I think Fortson is a solid player but I think we need a 3rd scorer at either SF or SG more than we need another PF. Just my opinion.

Granted it is Shaq being Shaq...

He admitted he was upset by the play of Warriors' forward Danny Fortson, who earned a flagrant foul in the fourth while trying to stop O'Neal's drive to the basket.

"I don't waste my time with average high school players," O'Neal said, adding that Fortson was a "bum"

If he's on the Warriors and his name isn't Hughes, Richardson, or Arenas then you dont' want him.

Trust me I'm from the bay area and all the other Warriors besides the three mentioned have major holes in their game. Sure Fortson rebounds but his jumper is broke and he makes mental errors in the transition game. Watch the Hawks at Oakland game from last year and you will see what I mean.

I've seen a lot of warriors games the last few years since I am in PT zone and have direct ticket...

I would have to say that you should add troy murphy to the list of desirable warriors... he looked very good in stretches last year, particularly that dunk over dale davis that got him unfairly ejected when dd actually punched him in the jaw...

larry hughes might have a future somewhere else since he is so young but he absolutely reeked for the warriors...

Now think about this before you get too

excited or too upset.

This trade, even if we made it, wouldn't get us

into the Guiness book, but it's a simple trade that

might help both teams.

We trade:

Resigned JV Hendu/CC

for

Fortson and a resigned Larry Hughes

Now of course it would depend on how the numbers

added up but I believe it might be doable.

The Hawks get a great rebounder/defender with some

injury past, but far less than some of our present guys

and Hughes, who has a lot of talent/potential but little

trade value. (We also get rid of Hendu/CC)

The Warriors a solid PG in JV who can help mold Arenas

and/or Jiri and they get rid of the Fortson contract.

(Who knows maybe even Hendu or CC might benefit

from a change in scenery.

Anyway I know it isn't a great trade but I do think it

could help both teams and we wouldn't have to give

up JT, or anyone we really want.

Anyway there it is, what do you think?

response from some anonymous chucklehead.......here ya go

Just say NO to this trade. Fortson is a great rebounder, even though he is undersized. He is not a good defender at all and his offensive game is even worse. Hughes is a major bust that is still trying to get paid off his potential and short term production from when he was with Philly.

JV is going someplace else and I doubt the team is even going to try and use him as trade bait. Crawford, while being very injury prone and overpaid for his production, can still offer us a high energy guy that can score and play defense off the bench, if he ever stays healthy. I really like this kid and wouldnt trade him just to trade him. Henderson is something of an enigma, but his contract is down to 3 years now and he can still give us 12/5 off the bench or start when needed. He is very valuable to us and next year he will become somewhat of a commodity if we keep him healthy and happy due to the fact that he will only have 2 years remaining on his contract.

Nice try on this trade to help us out, but this wont help us at all.

Thanks Guy

I was just trying to figure out a trade to get

rid of Hendu(I doubt he'll produce anything for us)

and CC and actually get something for JV.

I still think Hughes could amount to something

in the right situation, but this probably isn't it. I

think we have too many "good" players and not

enough "great" players. I guess everyone has

that problem, but we have so many guys in the

rotation that they don't have enough time to get

going when they do get in. They can't build up

any rythum.

Anyway I really don't want to trade JT unless

we could get somebody special in return. I think

we'd be better off with him. I'm worried about the

mini-me backcourt, even with Theo (assuming he

actually plays this year).

Anyway thanks.

I think Hughes still has the potential to be a very good player if he is put in the right situation. I think he could be very effective playing alongside a guy like JT. Neither of them are "true PGs" but both have a lot of PG skills. Hughes is a good ballhandler and would help JT tremendously with the ballhandling responsibilities. In additin, although he shoots a fairly low percentage, Hughes can score. He gets to the hoop and he gets to the line a lot. I don't know if Hughes will be better than DJ in the long run but at any rate, he would be an EXCELLENT combo guard off the bench.

As for Fortson, I'd rather have him than Hendu, attitude and all. Actually, It probably wouldn't hurt us to have a guy with a nasty attitude, as long as he limited that nasty attitude to the court (I have heard some negative things about Fortson's off-court attitude as well so there would be some risk).

I could see a lineup of:

Theo/Nazr/Smith

SAR/Fortson

Ira/Kukoc

DJ/Hughes/Glover

JT/DD

I'm not sure that would be the starting lineup but that mix of talent looks pretty good to me. The only problem I see with that lineup is finding enough PT to keep everyone happy and that is a problem I would LOVE to have.