Mario Kasun, Orlando (Restricted)

Scot Pollard, Indiana

Michael Olowokandi, C, Boston

Jake Voskuhl, Charlotte

Antonio Davis, Toronto

Brian Grant, Phoenix

Ervin Johnson, Milwaukee

Loren Woods, Toronto

Boniface N'Dong, LA Clippers (Restricted)

Michael Bradley, Philadelphia

Curtis Borchardt, Boston (Restricted)

Ha Seung-Jin, Portland (Restricted)

Jamal Sampson, Sacramento

Pat Burke, Phoenix

Zendon Hamilton, Cleveland

Earl Barron, Miami

there you go ladies. that ohso impressive list of free agent centers this offseason just exploding with talent. so now that you gmarmchairs have made it known that the lowright signing sucked, who would you have rather had that is heads and shoulders above him? and don't say ben wallace for the love of god.

maybe we could have gotten Boniface N'Dong...

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Walter

Obviously your list isn't a complete one, as if FAcy is the only way you may use cap space to improve a team much less the only way you can improve a team.

I sure as hell would have made a strong play for Pryzbilla. A good fit for an otherwise undersized team. We didn't even sniff at him. Moreover, WE HAD TO TRADE AL! Might as well trade him for a center, no?

W

Quote:

I sure as hell would have made a strong play for Pryzbilla.

He would have been perfect here. he is one of the top shotblockers in the league as well as a strong man defender. He has good size.

The Hawks didn't make him an offer because they were holding out for all the riches they would get in an Al SNT deal.

There is a reason the Hawks were able to sign him for only $6 million over 2 years. The reason is that he isn't that good.

here is the link where i got the free agents..i did not copy the list of power forwards (we got shelden as the powerforward at center situation right?)..

link

ok, now for the trade...what trade do you think we could have made that the other team would have agreed to that would have brought back someone better than Lo?

again we looked at Mags, couldn't get it done...i liked pryz too but...

Lo Wright's 2005-06stats:

MPG fg% Rbd/gm bpg ppg

21.7 .478 5.1 .59 5.8

Prz's 2005-06 stats:

MPG fg% rbd/gm bg ppg

24.9 .548 7 2.3 6.1

again, i liked pryz too (look up my posts if you want before offseason) but are trying to say that the difference in numbers between these two players to say that our offseason in that area was a failure or that all of a sudden you go from love the signing (if it was pryz) to hate it because it was Lo?

Prz blocked 2.3 shots per game compared to .6 for Lo. So who do you think opposing players would fear more when they drive the lane.

For every shot blocked there are several that are altered.

Prz is one of the only guys I have seen who can handle Shaq 1 on 1. I was watching them play Miami earlier this past season and whenever Prz was in the game they played him on Shaq without help. Shaq couldn't do squat and in fact Prz was outscoring him through 3 quaters.

When the Hawks played Miami Shaq punk'd Zaza so bad Zaza might as well have been playing in a skirt.

But the Hawks couldn't make Prz an offer because they were waiting for that invaluable mid-1st round pick they might get in the Al SNT sweepstakes.

Quote:

here is the link where i got the free agents..i did not copy the list of power forwards (we got shelden as the powerforward at center situation right?)..

link

ok, now for the trade...what trade do you think we could have made that the other team would have agreed to that would have brought back someone better than Lo?

again we looked at Mags, couldn't get it done...i liked pryz too but...

Lo Wright's 2005-06stats:

MPG fg% Rbd/gm bpg ppg

21.7 .478 5.1 .59 5.8

Prz's 2005-06 stats:

MPG fg% rbd/gm bg ppg

24.9 .548 7 2.3 6.1

again, i liked pryz too (look up my posts if you want before offseason) but are trying to say that the difference in numbers between these two players to say that our offseason in that area was a failure or that all of a sudden you go from love the signing (if it was pryz) to hate it because it was Lo?

Pryz is a true C as opposed to Wright who is a PF masquerading as a C. Pryz stats are also appreciably better than L Wrights, and Pryz is a much better help defender who has the size to handle most C's one-on-one.

There are/were plenty of options that are MUCH BETTER than Lorenzen. Does he hurt the team? Not really, but he certainly doesn't help as much as others would.

Quote:

I don't think we ever had a shot at pryz, mourning, or wallace.

In order to have a shot at a free agent YOU HAVE TO MAKE AN OFFER. If you don't make an offer there is a 100% chance you won't get them.

In June of last year did you think we had a shot at JJ?

• Premium Member

Quote:

I do think we could have found a way to get Magloire though

IMHO, when you take into consideration what role they would be asked to play on the Hawks, the difference between Wright and Magloire is negligible.

And, considering that acquiring Magloire likely would have cost Childress, I'll take Wright.

(And I would much rather have Wright for two years, $6M than Pryz at five year, $35M+).

Quote:

IMHO, when you take into consideration what role they would be asked to play on the Hawks, the difference between Wright and Magloire is negligible.

Magloire would be the undisputed starting center, and we would finally have an NBA caliber starter who plays both on offense and on defense (imagine that!!), and that zaza could learn from. Wright is roughly Zaza's equal. There is a huge difference between the 2, and Magloire would never have been asked to play the role that will be given to Wright.

The issue of only having him for one year is a separate issue

My thing witrh most on this board is, most assume they know who & what BK offered, and in the same breath says the man is too secretive and does not share enough.

We don't know who was contacted, and if they had interest.

Some players actually do want to play for a current playoff team.

Quote:

My thing witrh most on this board is, most assume they know who & what BK offered, and in the same breath says the man is too secretive and does not share enough.

Your thing is that you don't understand that the Hawks COULD NOT MAKE AN OFFER to Prz because of Al's cap hold.

I think that offer or not, we had a 0% chance of getting Wallace or Mourning. I also didn't get the feeling that there was much of a chance for us to get Pryz given the fact that he chose to leave here for Portland, Portland showed him respect and wanted him back, and Pryz had stated that he really liked Portland. I think he knew he was re-signing before the offseason started.

As for JJ, yes I would have thought there was clearly a chance because we could offer a max offer, he was arguably worth a max offer, and Phoenix could not afford to match that without trading one of their big pieces (Nash-JJ-Marion-Amare) in the near future.

Portland has money, and if we had tried to get Pryz they would have matched unless we did something retarded like a max offer which he is nowhere near offering. I think BK knew based on past discussions with Pryz that he was not coming here.