• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

jezmund

jezmund

First of all, like most of you, I'm all for a new coach. I always seem to defend the Hawks no matter what but I have come to reality. We definitely need someone who will put some fire under our players arses and take away their individual egos.

Secondly, I hope Babcock is seeing what Glenn Robinson is worth around the league because I'd like to see him moved. I like the deal we got him with and he's without a doubt a great shooter but I just think we need something different as a team. A SG/SF that can handle and play defense is what we need. The top guy I want is Eddie Jones (as far as not too farfetched) because he can handle, play D, and score if needed. The only problem with him is the fact that Miami would want Defensive players in return so it might have to be a 3-way to get EJ. I was also thinking Latrell Sprewell, Grob and CC for Spree works cap wise. Not sure how Spree is playing though so not sure about that. If Ira is going to be starting, it needs to be at SF, not SG. I wish Miami would take a Grob and Glover for EJ trade.

JT/EJ/Ira/SAR/Theo........that's what I want.

• Admin

The desire for Eddie Jones is not far off. Many of us would like to have him. Rumors on ESPN Insider this morning said that the Bulls are pushing to get him. If that's the case, I would love to have him here as well. Just imagine this. If we could keep BigDog AND get EJ. I think we would have the most complete, if not inexperienced starting lineup in the league.

EJ would take some of the handling pressures off JT, plus he plays very good D. Even if we had to move bigdog to get him it wouldn't be so bad. We wouldn't lose too much in scoring while getting better ball handling and defense in return. This would allow Ira to move back to SF and we'd have two very good defenders at SF/SG. Could be a very good lineup.

• Premium Member

Big Dog to Memphis.

Swift/Dickerson to Miami

Jones to Atlanta

The reason Miami goes for it is because they are in rebuilding mold. Getting Dickerson and Swift is just what the Doctor ordered. Swift can play PF and would be a good young force.

Their Young guns would be: Swift/Butler/Dickerson/Best and whatever they can get for Brian Grant. However, they can run in the East with Grant at C for a while, but I think that Riley would like to see if Grant/Best can get him Davis/Stoudamire from Portland. I have my doubts.... But who knows?

Jones is a good fit. We could use his scoring and defense. However, with the possibility of getting him, I just don't think Miami will part with him until they get really desperate.

Diesel, you've really got to start using the realgm trade checker - cause I tried it this morning for this trade:

Battier/Dickerson for GRob straight up...only problem is that I then found out that Dickerson is a BYC player this year (don't know when this expires). But finding out this info - makes it pretty much impossible to include him in a trade.

Just use it first to see if your trade would work before you get people to start mulling something over...at least make it reasonable.

on a second note - I would now do Spree for Big Dog, straight up. I'm not sure when Spree's contract runs out...but right now, I just want to move GRob...even though I really don't like spree (many reasons).

This one works - Spree for GRob and Dion...

seems like we might be giving up too much for the aging Spree but look at this: it'd put more fans in the seats (couldn't put any less). He brings excitement. Yeah, he's getting older etc., but we could play him at 2 or 3 (I'd actually rather play him at three) - it'd give us a much better ball handler on the floor, someone who can shoot, and just, in general, round out this team....

For the Knicks - it gives them another shooter to compliment Houston. If Dion doesn't work out (and he's not here, for whatever reasons) his contract would come off their books at the end of the year.

btw - this trade works (and the straight up deal didn't).