• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

A piece of the Harrington Article

BBallPrincess

Quote:

I've never called her a liar.

Quote:

But I do think she misrepresents herself.

First let me be quick to point out that you contradicted yourself. The definiton of the word "Misrepresent" at the end of the day means a liar.

It's funny that you are quick to point out my errors or misrepresentations, but you are clearly representing your self as a connoisseur, but you are not.

Please paraphrase how I misrepresent myself.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

in a narrative type way. I find it easy to read and I think it does paint a nice image in the mind. I think BBP would be a pretty good writer for pieces about people's life. I don't think she would be good at an "inside information" type of writer (like Chad Ford if he ever gave accurate information).

Quote:

in a narrative type way. I find it easy to read and I think it does paint a nice image in the mind. I think BBP would be a pretty good writer for pieces about people's life. I don't think she would be good at an "inside information" type of writer (like Chad Ford if he ever gave accurate information).

I appreciate the the fact that you like it smile.gif, but you make the assumption of me not being a good inside information writer off of what? Do you think Chad Ford started out writing inside info articles?

But I would much rather provide people with the human side of an athlete anyway...Someone trusting you and allowing you into there (their) personal space is truly gratifying.....

Quote:

but you make the assumption of me not being a good inside information writer off of what? Do you think Chad Ford started out writing inside info articles?

Off of your numerous posts. Stylistically, you are much more suited for writing a narrative with long sentences than something that is short and to the point. When I think of "inside information" I think of something like:

"Mike Jones has asked the Hawks to be traded and BK is looking into it. However, Mike wants to play in the East but BK wants to ship him out West for a power forward."

And not:

Quote:

We pull up about 2:35 and park not to far from the Colgate sign with the Statue of Liberty in the distant view, Al’s 6’9 lean athletic body steps out the car and walks towards the water.

or

Quote:

Word around the Sugarloaf Golf Course is that Belkin will taking over the team and dumping off the thrashers to someone else, and he just becomes sole owner of the hawks, which is his life long dream.

No mind you that folks from thrasher coaches and players to falcon coaches, owners, NFL players, stay out here soo.......

They say deals are made on the golf course so I wonder if mumurs from the golf course are a reliable source of information.

Don’t know how true it is but we’ll see if that unfolds. But the Golf course was buzzin over the last week into the weekend.

This one is just too choppy and the first one is too descriptive.

Quote:

Quote:

I've never called her a liar.

Quote:

But I do think she misrepresents herself.

First let me be quick to point out that you contradicted yourself. The definiton of the word "Misrepresent" at the end of the day means a liar.

I'm sorry dear, but there is a difference, and its unfortunate you can't grasp it.

Quote:

It's funny that you are quick to point out my errors or misrepresentations, but you are clearly representing your self as a connoisseur, but you are not.

A connoisseur of what? Fifth grade grammar?

Please paraphrase how I misrepresent myself.

IMO, when you first arrived, you portrayed yourself as a journalist who covers the NBA. IMO you are a person who wants to become a journalist and has gained access in order to do that. Unfortunately being a journalist involves more than being able to hang with Al on a Saturday, it requires the ability to convey the encounter to a reader in a way that makes them want to continue reading.

Quote:

IMO, when you first arrived, you portrayed yourself as a journalist who covers the NBA.

I never did that. You drew your own conclusion of that based on a 400 word write up that I did on Al that I thought the fans of the Hawks would want to read. I didn't have to post it

Quote:

IMO you are a person who wants to become a journalist and has gained access in order to do that.

In saying this you are correct. I do want to be a journalist. But i have been given the access due to my ability, and the talent that I have. You are dead wrong if you think any Jane Doe can walk off the streets and say, "hey I want to go cover the USA Basketball training," and that access is given to them. Or "hey Al I don't know you from Adam, but can I interview you just because." Give the NBA, and it's players more credibility than that man. It's not that easy.

Again you chose to make up your own assumptions of me, and I let you do it. Who am I to stop someone from speaking my success into existence. The more people speaking it in to existence the better.

So in all actuality you all have held me to a higher standard that you all have set limits for. Not me. You guys have misrepresented me to yourselves.

I maintain everthing that I have brought to this board about what I have done and will continue to do that whether you all like it or not.

Quote:

In saying this you are correct. I do want to be a journalist. But i have been given the access due to my ability, and the talent that I have.

Okay, or it could be that you have some contacts that you've developed relationships with over the years.

Quote:

You are dead wrong if you think any Jane Doe can walk off the streets and say, "hey I want to go cover the USA Basketball training," and that access is given to them. Or "hey Al I don't know you from Adam, but can I interview you just because." Give the NBA, and it's players more credibility than that man. It's not that easy.

Ummm, yeah, I never said that.

Quote:

Okay, or it could be that you have some contacts that you've developed relationships with over the years.

Over the years? How old do you think I am. I'm not even from Atlanta. And anyway regarless of the contacts you may have you can not get access unless you have a bona fide reason of needing the access.

Quote:

You are dead wrong if you think any Jane Doe can walk off the streets and say, "hey I want to go cover the USA Basketball training," and that access is given to them. Or "hey Al I don't know you from Adam, but can I interview you just because." Give the NBA, and it's players more credibility than that man. It's not that easy.

Quote:

I know you didn't, thats just proving my point even more. You never said it, but judging from your comments I can assume anything.....

Quote:

So in all actuality you all have held me to a higher standard that you all have set limits for.

If you had come on here like a regular poster and not said what you do for a living you would have been treated like everyone else.

However by coming in claiming to be a sports journalist on your first day here you invited skepticism. And if people see errors in your writing or lack of knowlege about certain aspect of the game it is natural that they will be skeptical.

I am not saying you did anything wrong at all. What I am saying is that you shouldn't be surprised that people are skeptical.

Quote:

Quote:

Over the years? How old do you think I am. I'm not even from Atlanta. And anyway regarless of the contacts you may have you can not get access unless you have a bona fide reason of needing the access.

Quote:

Quote:

I know you didn't, thats just proving my point even more. You never said it, but judging from your comments I can assume anything.....

12..... 14 would be stretching it

Quote:

If you had come on here like a regular poster and not said what you do for a living you would have been treated like everyone else.

How can you dictate how someone comes on this site. What gives you the right to mandate new poster laws. Not once did I say what i do for a living, cuz keeping it all the way real, my lifestyle in no way could be supported by being a jounralist at this stage in my quest for this type of career. I live a great lifestyle and would like to keep it that way.

I aint doin it for the money believe me. I was paid 350 bucks for that. That's a mighty nice pair of shoes from Jimmy Choo in Phipps Plaza (on Sale). I aint in it for the money. I wanna do it because I want to do it. I have a passion for it, and the game of basketball

So basically you speak for everyone else when you say "you would have been treated like everyone else"? What does that really say for this site, and the people that post here. you guys pick and choose who you disect, and those you don't?

Quote:

However by coming in claiming to be a sports journalist on your first day here you invited skepticism.

When I was asked who the source of the 400 write up that i posted here on this site, all I said was that it was me. And what wrong with that. It's the truth, and will always be the truth. You chose to call me a journalist. And rightfully so, a writer is journalist.

Quote:

And if people see errors in your writing

I right (write) how I want to. I do what I want to due (due) so what, my objective is still accomplished

Quote:

or lack of
knowlege
about certain aspect of the game it is natural that they will be skeptical

Quote:

knowlege

First of all it's knowledge

If I have a lack of that thereof, I'm the first to ask a question or admit it. You don't know everything about the game either. If you are referring to the Howard situation, that debate does not prove anything except that it is one of the top threads, and there was maybe a few people who agreed with you for the sake of going against me but for the most part, I know I was right. I had the conversation in VEGAS, about that already, with a NBA exec. So who's opinion of me am I going to value more. Yours, saying I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to Howard, or an exec who says "your dead on girl" with a smile on their face.......

Quote:

How can you dictate how someone comes on this site. What gives you the right to mandate new poster laws.

How do you get from here to there? That is the type of leap that defies logic.

I said that since you came here claiming to be a sportswriter that people were naturally skeptical.

I also said SPECIFICALLY that you did nothing wrong, but again your reading comprehension failed to pick that up.

Quote:

I aint doin it for the money believe me. I was paid 350 bucks for that.

Right there you gain some credibility because i know writers don't make squat.

Quote:

You don't know everything about the game either.

Where exactly did I claim to know everything?

Quote:

Quote:

How can you dictate how someone comes on this site. What gives you the right to mandate new poster laws.

[/indent]

All I did was address all of your crap. How is that leaping. You and I are playing leapfrog here. You jump, I jump to address it.

Quote:

I said that since you came here claiming to be a sportswriter that people were naturally skeptical.

[/indent]

I never came on here "claiming" I was a sports writer. Although I am, but I don't recall saying, "hello board. I'm a sports writer!!!!!!"

I merely posted something that I wrote, and you all went to haities with it.

I still noticed you failed to address the fact that you misspelled a word. You seem to have a double standard round here.