• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

One of two trades to pursue

KB21

First, Kenny Anderson is wasting away on Seattle's bench right now. He's been getting only 12 minutes a game throughout the year, and that has decreased as the season goes along. The Sonics need some frontcourt help, so the key player they would likely want from Atlanta is Nazr Mohammed. I think they were one of the teams that considered signing him as a free agent. Here's the deal:

Atlanta Trades: Nazr Mohammed, Chris Crawford, and Dion Glover to Seattle for Kenny Anderson.

Crawford and Glover are involved as cap filler to make the salaries even out. Seattle would likely shelve Crawford for the rest of the year, and they lose Glover's contract after this season.

The other deal.

Hubie Brown is playing Earl Watson more minutes as the back up point guard than he is Brevin Knight. Knight is a good floor leader though who brings tenacious defense and a true sense of the court. He understands how when to get the ball to the right people. Lorenzen Wright is the only center on the Grizzlies roster, so they need some help there.

Atlanta trades Nazr Mohammed to Memphis for Brevin Knight.

These trades would only fix half our problems though. These are two true point guards that could help this team, but the team still would lack a true shooting guard.

Anderson is a free agent at the end of the season, and Knight's contract is very manageable. We could likely get Anderson in the offseason for the MCE.

• Premium Member

Actually KB, I like Both deals.

Especially the thought of bringing Knight back. He was not a scorer... But he could play defense.

Something more simple than that is Ham to Orlando for Jacque Vaughn. Doc would love a player like Ham.

However, if we did do either of those trades you mentioned... Something to follow would be trying to get a SG and BU PF (I figure Hendu can play BU C).

In the Anderson case, I really like it because it gets us out of CC's contract. However, we'd have to work to get some SG here. I'm not for making JT play SG. So how about seeing if Seattle would take JT as well and give us Mason as part of that deal.

In the Knight case, I would like to see if Memphis would take JT as well and give us Battier?

• Premium Member

Actually, Glover, JT, DJ, Email all have ending contracts.

BUT..

Seattle got Kenny to get rid of Vin Baker. Yes, Kenny's contract is up, however, Seattle don't have the interest to acquire Duncan or ONeal. I mean if Indy doesn't pay Oneal, I can see him skipping... But not neccessarily to Seattle.

Plus, what will they do with GP?

No Superstar will come to play for just 1 yr with GP...

All that said.... Us giving them Nazr for Anderson... ONly helps them in the long run. They get a C. I figure to get a Duncan or Oneal, they will still have to part company with:

Potapenko, Barry, AND Anderson... Plus sign GP for a lot less than he has been making.

lastly... I doubt Duncan goes anywhere. I know that Orlando and Seattle are out there... But if they work the magic and get Kidd, why would Duncan want to leave?

Kidd, Ginobal(??), Jackson, Duncan, Rose.... With about 8-10 million for one other player..... Too bad Matrix already resigned?