• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

What band p!ssed it way the most?

Plainview1981

I have to say Guns n Roses. I say that with some mixed feelings...

On one hand, these guys were supposed to be the next generation Led Zeppelin until Axel f*cked it all up. But on the other hand I wonder if they gave all they really had.

The debut was great, but while the double album had some good stuff, there was some filler there aswell. The third was an album full of crappy covers.

I started to put VH... But heck, they had 20+ years and totally 11 albums. I'm one of the view that actually likes VHIII. Or some of it anyway.

Maybe they could have got one more album after 1984... But truthfully they were headed in pop land with our without Sammy. Just listen to Oh Pretty Woman, Dancing in the Streets, I'll Wait, or Jump and it's easy to see.

Their best album will always be Fair Warning though. cool.gif

Van Halen is the only band where I can say I can easily listen to all the songs they've ever done.

But I just had to put GnR's.

Completely agree. GNR just blew themselves up over Axel's foolishness. I remember when they canceled an Atlanta show about a decade ago. 96Rock (when they were a good radio station), refused to play them. Then there was that Toronto debacle.

You add the Doors, Credence Clear Water, and a few other groups that blew up because of drugs/alcohol.

GNR without a doubt. If the original lineup got together today and toured, they would sell out arenas. They could have been the next Stones. Another I would say is Cream. Clapton has ruined just about every band he's been in, and Cream could have been even greater than they are.

Quote:

On one hand, these guys were supposed to be the next generation Led Zeppelin until Axel f*cked it all up. But on the other hand I wonder if they gave all they really had.

The debut was great, but while the double album had some good stuff, there was some filler there aswell. The third was an album full of crappy covers.

I started to put VH... But heck, they had 20+ years and totally 11 albums. I'm one of the view that actually likes VHIII. Or some of it anyway.

Maybe they could have got one more album after 1984... But truthfully they were headed in pop land with our without Sammy. Just listen to Oh Pretty Woman, Dancing in the Streets, I'll Wait, or Jump and it's easy to see.

Their best album will always be Fair Warning though.
cool.gif

Van Halen is the only band where I can say I can easily listen to all the songs they've ever done.

you forgot about "Lies"

it was all pre-Appetite

Definitely GnR. Appetite is on my top 20 rock albums all time. A lot of variables including social and commercial impact go into that.

Mr. Brownstone, nighttrain, Welcome to the jungle. Awesome.

They were my part of that California metal/punk rock scene with Jane's Addiction and The Chili Peppers and others. I know there was Motley Crue and all that but I thought GnR bridged the gap between the metal bands and the real rock bands that didn't dress up.

Axl looked coherent on the MTV awards awhile back. Best in years. Maybe a real GnR lineup on the horizon?

That would be sweet.

Quote:

Quote:

Their best album will always be Fair Warning though.
cool.gif

you forgot about "Lies"

it was all pre-Appetite

Yeah, I have that album. That's the first GnR stuff I heard actually. It was my brothers and it's the first time I heard of the band. That was a few months before he died.