• Raised $390 of $700 target

How can anybody dare call Glenn Robinson

A good basketball player.No wonder he averages

20PPG he takes so many shots.Does he have to

shoot everytime he touches the [censored] ball?Why

does he just decide to try and drive the lane?You

can blame it on lack of a PG but if you simply pass

it to Glenn to get some ball movement he will just

try and attack the lane and turn the ball over.

Even if you want Big Hog to just pass the ball

around the perimeter he will just try and attack

the lane.How can the other players trust a player

like him?He is what is sucking the life out of the

Hawks franchise.

Every teams rotates the ball around the perimeter

soon.You do it to get it in the post alot of times...

But Big Dog just decides to takes shots instead of

rotating the ball around!He steals shots.He steals

shots that are designed for other players.

How many times Reef broke the zone and we couldn't get him the ball.

Worse yet, if you want to break a zone, you have to dribble. If you dribble it causes the zone to disrupt. All we did was pick up our dribble.

We needed to get the ball down low, and then Reef kick it back out.

Shoddy play.

But, it wouldn't have mattered. Anything less than an AK-47 shot to the head wasn't going to go against NJ.

I have also decided Martin is my least favorite player in the league. I wish Wilks drilled him in the head when he was holding the ball up high like that. Wilks would have been an all-time favorite.

Play.

HotLantaDude,

I mean, I know a lot of people don't like Shareef or feel that Shareef is All-Star material. But, he can score with the best of them.

The fact that he had less shots than Terry and Robinson, and was tied with Wilks. I just don't get it. He had 11 points at halftime... then we forget about him.

Play.

Amazing!

Somehow, Glenn gets blamed for everything.

He doesn't pass the ball, yet he did lead the team in assists tonight with 5. He turns the ball over too much, yet he only had 2 turnovers tonight.

He shoots too much, yet he takes 19 shots. Jason Kidd took 19 shots. I guess he sucks because he shoots too much.

Glenn Robinson and Shareef Abdur-Rahim should get 20 shots a night each. Jason Terry is the player that needs to shoot less and start feeding the ball to these two. The Hawks should be running an inside/outside game with Shareef and Glenn.

KB21,

You both are right. Big Dog should shoot a lot. But so should Reef.

But, they are correct by saying that Big Dog doesn't pass the ball and steals shots. He won't continue the rotation. Instead he takes a shot.

19 shots isn't bad in and of itself... but the best scorer on the team had 8. That is an issue. Of course, GRob found Reef twice in the lane for a wide open dunk... which is more than I can say for Terry.

I think GRob has been playing better, of late. But, he still saps us at times with dumb play.

Play.

If Shareef is the best scorer on the team, then he should act like it and start taking some shots. He's got the talent, but he doesn't work for it. Sure, he works hard on his game and to keep himself in shape, but when it comes to dominating the game, Shareef naturally defers to someone else.

It is up to him to step up and say, "Give me the [censored] ball". Not just say it, but start working for it.

I don't think Robinson demands the ball and asks for his shot. I think Robinson knows that his role is to hit the open jumper, and regardless of what his shooting percentage says this year (which is a career low), this guy has one of the best mid range games in the NBA (a lost art). A perimeter oriented player that is a career 46% shooter is terrific. Glenn Robinson is what he is. A terrific mid range jump shooter who is one of the top rebounding small forwards in the NBA and a mediocre defender.

Actually Big Hog needs to check himself in the

mental hospital.He isn't even a sane person.

He also got raped by Richard Jefferson.Is there

any player in the NBA that couldn't abuse Big

Dog one on one?Did you see Big Dog get back

cut and Jefferson taking him into the lane and

shoot the floater right over his head?He's a piece

of crap.He's a worthless overpaid too many shot

takin loser.

• Premium Member

In the search for Balance amoung our shooters,

JT has to be the one who gives that balance.

As a PG, it's his job to make sure that both Reef and Grob get their looks. Then in the fourth quarter, one will step up and the point has to know who to feed based on the flow of the game.

However, JT's mentality is not that. His mentality is worst than Sam Cassell's. JT says in his heart... "I am a scorer." Therefore, the offense falters. My hope was that a More Structured environment with set roles would help JT as a PG. However, now, I believe that Stotts and Babcock has already decided that the JT project is over.

I agree Playmaker Shareef was demanding the ball but the hawks couldn't et him the ball. The Hawks can't handle the zone defense. They are a poor shooting team and they also don't have anyone who is able to slash to the goal to break the zone. Glover could be the guy but he seems hesitate when he gets the ball. He doesn't know whether he should take the jumper or take his man off the dribble.

Blunt,

The problem with Glover is that I think you are completely correct. He only looks to score.

But, in order to beat the zone, the common misconception is to take long threes and rotate it around the perimeter.

That is incorrect. The basics of zone is that you aren't gaurding ANYONE. So, if someone is dribbling, you have to metamorphisize the structure of the zone. It molds and melts to try to handle the ball once it breaks into the zone. Which leads to open looks for people if they just rotate.

Also, getting the ball downlow does the same thing. The zone must collapse, and that causes mid range jumpers to be open.

Rotating the ball around the perimeter does nothing to break open a zone. The men just slide to the next player. Offensive perimeter passing is the poor man's, high school way of beating the zone.

The real man's way is penetration and post up play, which causes the zone to collapse.

Play.