• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

what position(s) need help? WeHaveTooManyPlayers?

cyman3

Assuming this is our roster:

PG- Terry, Dickau, Email

SG- Johnson, Glover

SF- Newble/Kukoc, Crawford

PF- Abdur-Rahim, Henderson, Smith

C - Ratliff, Mohammed

Thats 13 players. I think its pretty clear that Mottola and Vaughn wont be back.

Babcock did say that he wanted Newble back, but do we have too many guarenteed contracts?

What positions do we need to work on now?

Pete said today that, yes, right now they have 12 and still want to sign Newble.

He didn't say he would cut Emanual if it came down to it, but he didn't throw the idea out, either.

Pete still believes he will be able to pull off a trade that will likely send two out for one, but as he has said, that this time, the trade may not happen until later in the summer...

• Admin

Cal is as good as gone as well as JV.

However, Hanno is a good player for a backup. He is not a starter in the NBA but there are times when he can come in and contribute. I hate to lose him but IRA is more important to our roster right now. I hope he can sign with someone else.

As far as Leon, his talent has not even been tapped. Leon could very well become a starter. He did not go to college and his early legal problems prevented the league from seeing what he will do. He seems to have gotten his act together and could very well be our future starting center in a few years. We have to keep him. His salary is so small it does not hurt us to have him anyway.

Hawks4ever, maybe you're forgetting about those last few games of the season when Leon actually did get some PT. He showed good things when he was on the floor; he's an excellent rebounder on the O and D, and he's got a really solid game with his back to the basket, and he plays good Newble/Dickau defense where he does'nt put alot in the stat columns but stays with his man and makes it tough for him to get a shot off. He's, IMO, definitely a keeper, as is Hanno, who will, unfortunately, likely be cut. Hanno's biggest problem this year is that he was a 3 or 4 playing the 5, he simply could'nt contain opposing centers, but he's a good face up shooter and he rebounds pretty decent, his D could use some work, but if we could make space I would'nt be upset if he stayed. Cal is, well, Cal, and that's unfortunate, he's got a good shot from the outside, but sadly that's about all he's got. I'm also a little saddened that JV, a player that IMO, has good value at the point, will walk away from us for nothing, I still think we could sign and trade him if he agreed to it, and get someting good back.