• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Points on the game tonight.

TheDude

First we started to falter majorly down the stretch. It's like the team still thinks they're LUCKY to win a game as opposed they expect it. The difference is that they basically get a lead and are trying to run the clock out or something. They're afraid to go out there and ENJOY THE GAME and win it. It's like in football getting conservative with a 10 point lead and 5 minutes left.

Also, when Ford starting going crazy on his drives, coach should have put us in a zone defense. He can't shoot all that great so we should have at least sagged.

In any case, good effort by Josh Smith tonight. That highlight sequence was one of the most bada.ss highlight sequences i have ever seen.

Speedy's knees are starting to worry me.

THIS GAME I agree with Steve Smith on the Go Joe philosophy near the end of giving him the ball and getting out of the way. But ONLY because of the guy garding him.

Didn't Garbosa look like he should be smoking a cigarette planning his next assasination? Looks like some James Bond bad guy.

Salim is playing better. We should run more plays for him offensively since we are struggling offensively. I also thought he could have guarded Ford better than Lue because of his quickness.

Smith got robbed on his last foul. That was another block.

I know we all keep playing this YOU JUST WAIT TILL MARVIN AND JOSH CHILDRESS GET BACK AND SPEEDY GETS INTO GAME SHAPE AND HEALTHY. but honestly, i really do think when those guys come back, we may be pretty darn good. that would be the difference between losing some of those close games. To me, any game we win from now till Marvin/Chill get back is gravy.

Smith needs to focus on being a power forward. Some say that's not his position but his weaknesses of ballhandling and shooting outside will be negated by being a power forward. Of course he'll need to work on post moves.

And last but not least. I have seen, oh, about 35-40 times this year that some player pumpfakes and drives and gets called from travel. What's going on? I understand the enforcement but are they really traveling that much? The Hawks REALLY have a problem with that. That seems to be most of our turnovers.

I think one of our biggest problems is our guys falling in love with the jump shot. It's like when Zaza is out of the game, our guys surround the arc and jackem up at will.

Something else I noticed. If JJ is out of the game, Lue dribbles with his head down alot looking for his own shot. I know we don't have alot of viable options, but he misses open teamates alot by trying to get his own shot. If we were going to have someone come in and do that, I'd just assume it be Salim.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I think one of our biggest problems is our guys falling in love with the jump shot. It's like when Zaza is out of the game, our guys surround the arc and jackem up at will.

I agree with your above assessment but this free throw crap has to stop today! Joe is is looking like Walker and Harrington wrapped up into one at the free throw line.

Quote:

And last but not least. I have seen, oh, about 35-40 times this year that some player pumpfakes and drives and gets called from travel. What's going on? I understand the enforcement but are they really traveling that much? The Hawks REALLY have a problem with that. That seems to be most of our turnovers.

I swear, Shelden gets called for traveling every time he makes a move toward the basket. And usually I don't see what the refs are looking at. Is it just me, or is he getting a raw deal with all those traveling calls?

And TLue is a hotdog. Thinks he's in the same class as JJ. We've had to rely on him too much with Speedy out.

Smoove showed his prowess at the 4 tonight. Even Steve Smith commented on it. He can do it as he showed. But he's got this fascination with being a SF. Stay in the point where you can disrupt their offense.

Sure glad we pulled this one off.

Just got back from the game and it was really loud at Philips. Speedy looked good in 1st quarter, i think he will be fine. Smoove played really well, not forcing many shots. I was sitting close to his dad. ZAZA is my hero, and JJ like allways was the best.

Shelden wasn't that good but he will get better, and T-lue missed some shots early but he was good too.

T.J Ford is soooo quick dammmm, he is a good player and i agree we should let him shoot more. Bosh was guarded really well and wasn't a factor tonight.

• Premium Member

TJ Ford looked like an All Star point guard tonight. I thought we might go into overtime given the way he was shooting tonight however when he fouled out, I felt we might have a chance to win in regulation.

Great defensive effort on Bosh tonite. I liked seeing Zaza taking it to the hole whenever he got a chance. I was really surprised by his final line. Collectively, we've got to do better with free throws. I believe we can all agree, 75-80% should be expected from a professional team at a minimum. It could have made the difference in tonight's game.

It was electric in Phillips tonight. Thanks again to Bruce for providing the deal with the seats. My boys are already asking when they can go to another game.

Oh I forgot to mention that I bought some corn dogs on the way home from work today. And even though I got the all beef variety, my stomach hated me for sending them down Esophagus Avenue. I don't think the beer helped that either.

I have 4 left in the box. I will try to eat these the next games. If I see it make a difference, I will then buy a box of mini-corn dogs. If they do not make a difference, I'm going to try something a bit more inviting....like say a piece of blueberry pie or maybe hot wings with ranch....

chips....chips...if i can find some lucky potato chips (maybe the hot dog flavored kind?- but hopefully the salt/vinegar or jalapeno ones will be lucky) that would be better...

Article in today's AJC had Smoove saying: When I do the little things, defense, rebound, assists the rest will come. I sure hope he means that. He showed his inside strength tonight that I think has the ability to put us over the hump. Especially when Marvin and Chill comes back. I was encouraged by last night

Also saw that Orlando beat Miami last night in Miami. Thye've been hot and will be a good challenge. Hope we bring our 'A' game.