• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hi all

CBAreject

Been busy with med school, so I had to take a break from sports forums. Wanted to say 'hi'. I'm glad the Hawks are flirting with .500 like we all thought they'd be.

Early observations:

1) We miss Marvin Williams

2) We really miss Josh Childress

3) Smoove really needs to stop shooting

4) Speedy looks out of shape

5) Shelden looks solid, but I'm still going to say MILLSAP

I'm going to have to say "I told you so" on this one. If some of you had taken my suggestion that we draft Millsap (a no brainer) seriously and not shot it down in favor of

Justin Williams , I'd give you a break wink.gif

Sorry but Shelden is outplaying Milsap easily. Shelden is the only one that is consistent right now besides JJ. Give him minutes and the Landlord pays the rent boys. Another good game against the Magic too. 16pts and 9rb.

Ah! Now I remember what this forum was about. People missing the point.

The question is not whether Shelden is better than Millsap. The question is whether Millsap is better than Justin Williams or Solomon Jones.

No sensible person ever advocated taking Millsap with the 5th pick. He was there for the plucking in the 2nd round, just as I thought he'd be. AND we passed on him for "a long player", just as I said we would.

• Premium Member

Quote:

The question is not whether Shelden is better than Millsap. The question is whether Millsap is better than Justin Williams or Solomon Jones.

I'm thinking that Solomon Jones can eventually play center once he bulks up a little. Millsap will forever be another undersized power forward

Quote:

Quote:

I'm thinking that Solomon Jones can eventually play center once he bulks up a little. Millsap will forever be another undersized power forward

Have to disagree on the "undersized PF" part. Milsap is only undersized if all you look at is height on paper alone. He's about Marion's/Boozer's height and is strong and very talented. Proto-typical inside PF.

That said, I am still happy we have SW. I think he can rebound about as well and may be able to play O a bit better(?) - but he brings leadership that our team really needs on defense.

As far as comparing Milsap to Solomon - it's really an unfair comparison (IMO). We have to grade Solomon on what we hope he will do using glimpses of his talent for insight...Milsap, on the other hand, is doing it right now on a very good team.