• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Does anyone know the Protection on the Pacer Pick

jeddelong

I'm not sure about good - but it looks less bad than I thought:

(from usatoday.com)

PLAYER NOTES:

—Al Harrington hit just 4-of-15 shots against Toronto. He's hit 14-of-48 shots over the last four games.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It's a long season though and I think the Pacers are at .500 now. Could go either way.

I'll agree (bein' a GT fan)...

Crittenton has been more impressive to me than Young...

Crittenton gets to the hole with ease and has a lot of dispy do shots around the rim to get his shot off... Plus, a very good FT shooter... I'd like him to stick around a few years like Jarrett did to improve his game instead of sitting on the bench for 2-3 years...

I didn't realize he was a possible one and done as well like Thaddeus Young... I just don't see it yet in Young... Maybe they'll both stick around another year... If so, look out Tobacco Rd...

The trade exception was burned by the Pacers to take back more salary than they gave up. It was not transferred to us, so we cannot use it in the future. It's a one time deal...sort of like using a coupon.

I think it's amazing that people are saying this is a good trade now. I have always thought it was a decent trade, but it seemed like most other folks on here thought it was terrible because we didn't get "players" back.

Quote:

The trade exception was burned by the Pacers to take back more salary than they gave up. It was not transferred to us, so we cannot use it in the future. It's a one time deal...sort of like using a coupon.

I think it's amazing that people are saying this is a good trade now. I have always thought it was a decent trade, but it seemed like most other folks on here thought it was terrible because we didn't get "players" back.

it was a terrible trade assuming we could have gotten a big like Foster back from them or we could have worked a deal with the Lakers.

those are obvious assumptions on our part. as it stands now we move forward with the hand BK has dealt us. i think it may hold 2 pair at this point.

Quote:

Exactly. What I am so surprised about is how this Marty Burns is getting paid to be a sportswriter and doesn't know the slightest thing about the CBA. Here is what he had to say about the trade in that article:

Quote:

The Hawks now at least have one more asset (though the Pacers will probably be good enough next year to make that a mid-level pick at best) as well as a $7.5 million trade exception that they might be able to use in the future.

I find it ridiculous that someone gets paid to say things that are completely untrue. It reminds me of the summer when numerous writers were coming up with trade ideas that involved the trade exception being used in the wrong sense...so annoying.

Quote:

stat line

my gripe was always he could have held out for more than a roast beef sandwich with extra mayo for Al. he was always in the driver's seat no matter what anyone says. Al had nowhere to go and nobody to drive him there without Billy Knight behind the wheel.