• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How about OMAR cook as a backup PG?

hawksfan1

He's short no doubt (Spudd Webb was short too tho) but Scoonie Penn really tore it up in his Ohio St days, he's been playing over seas since we drafted him (Greece, I think?) and I'd like to see how he's come along. I read somewhere that he's been invited to Shaw's for ATL.

I agree HDS I would like to see what Sconnie can do also. He was a steal at the postion we picked him in the 2ndround.We gave Hanno a chance so why not give Scoonie one?

Maybe not as a starter, h4e, but like hawkfan1 said, it's worth a shot, and we're talking about backups here. I'd like to see what some of the younger guys like Omar and Scoonie can do before we just write em off. JV was an inexperienced PG in Utah who did'nt get much time behind Stockton, and he came in and did some really good things for us. I'd rather keep Jacque, but Email's got the contract option, and unfortunately it seems unlikely that JV will be in red and white next season. So yeah, I'd take a look at kids like Scoonie and Omar, we dont have to pay them to play for us at Shaw's (I don't think) and we'll need someone on the bench when Email takes his inevitable spill and misses 20+ games.