• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I was at the Lakers and Hawks Game

hawkster411

I took time off from architectural studio exams, and attended my second Hawks game (It's been nearly 15 years).

Just for your own information, there are a handful of Hawks fans residing in California which includes me.

During pregame, the person that stood out was Joe Johnson. He had the prettiest stroke.

Game Time:

Josh Smith: On the defensive end, he alters the game so much with his freakish athleticism. It doesn't show in the boxscore, but he does a good job on D. Also, I noticed what everyone says about his ballhandling skills not being up to par. A little insight, during pregame, Joe Johnson guarded J. Smith and he couldn't get past Joe. Josh Smith literally needs to spend a summer in some distant island and practice dribbling until next season starts.

Also, why isn't Josh Smith more aggressive inside the paint? I swear he and Salim camp out on the 3 point line like their the next upcoming Reggie Miller? Josh Smith can do so much more damage on the Offensive end if he stays inside the paint (I really think his dribbling liabilies holds him back).

Marvin Williams: Once this kid gets into "game" shape, he's easily going to be the #2 option. He's so aggressive and fierce on both ends of the court. His body frame looks freakish from 3 stories up in the Staple Center.

Joe Johnson: I think he disappeared in the 2nd and 3rd quarter. He should demand the ball!

Point Guard: I'm highly disappointed in Speedy! I get frustrated everytime he walks the ball up court. For a team that's so athletic and long, he should realize that we need to be "running and gunning" (just like Phoenix). I know it's only one game, but he stagnates the game. For sure, Lue was much better in the PG spot.

PG needs to be addressed next year. Speedy is not the answer! We need a bonified PG "playmaker"!

Well, just my take guys. Again, it was great to see a Hawks game.