• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Props to Josh Smith

exodus

After stinking it up in November Josh is starting to look like the player we saw late last year. He had 17 pts, 11 rebounds, 4 assists, 3 blocks and 3 steals. He has had bigger scoring games but I think that was one of the best overall games he has played since he has been here.

When he made a couple of early jumpers I figured he would start jacking them up like he usually does but instead he was very selective. That is the key with him. Some people here don't want him to shoot outside at all but i think that is a mistake. I think he can be a good shooter if he takes good shots.

Defensively he was as active as i have ever seen him. He was matched up a lot against Odom and did a very good job. He got his hands on several passes too and really punk'd Bynum with one of his blocks.

Just a strong game overall. unfortunately the Hawks need more than 2 guys playing well in order to win.

He looked bad again during most of the Sacramento game. It further confirms to me that most of his problems come when he thinks he has to make things happen himself. Even with Joe he forces things if he thinks he has to be the prime second option. Once Marvin and Chillz get back I think Smoove will be fine. Gradually as he matures I think this forcing problem will go away. He needs to just work on basic basketball, blocking out, dribbling, post moves, etc until he gets under control.

I would not say I was critical of him nor had any high expectations of him for that matter. What I was upset/disappointed with was the trivial mistakes he made. I mean I played the 3 sometimes 4 position for whatever short lived career I had in basketball. I don't know how much of this was player and how much of this was coach but when I played once I received a rebound the very next motion or thought was look for the open/running guard. To see smooth going coast to coast was like watching a man in a dress. It just did not feel right. To watch Smooth jump out of the building on the first pump fake just made my flesh crawl. Yes he has a lot of blocked shots but any player knows that once you leave your feet you are out of the play. If I get you to jump no matter how slow I am I have you beaten now; thus the use of a pump fake. The third thing that stands out to me was the 3pt shooting. Granted the end of last year he was butta. I think at some point in time any one shooting a basketball that misses 3 in a row will change something, even if it’s the mistake of passing instead of shooting. But it seems as if he will shoot 1 for 10 if it took that long to get a shot. That was my frustration not my criticism of Josh Smith.

Quote:

Quote:

It further confirms to me that most of his problems come when he thinks he has to make things happen himself.

Exactly. When he plays within himself he can really help the team. When he tries to do too much he can look horrible.

Agree with this totally. And for young guys to mature, they take a step or two backwards before taking more forward. He's shown a lot of maturity and it will be needed sorely tonight.

Theres no doubt hes improving and geting more consistent. He just needs to keep working hard and staying within himself.

In the Last 6 games hes avging a double double. He has 4 Double doubles in the last 6 Games. Could have been 5 if he didnt miss the entire 4th quarter in the Kings game.

Hes avging 14.2 Points 9.5 Rebounds 4.2 Assits 2 Steals 2.7 blocks. These Numbers look alot like the Josh Smith of the 2nd half of last season. His Fg% is also climbing fast which shows right there hes taking better shots. He leads the team in Rebounds, Steals, Blocks, and 3rd In assits shows hes a big part of this team and can do many things. I hope this is sign of things to come and he plays like this the rest of the year. GO HAWKS

Quote:

Wow I also heard on Fantasy Hoops tonight Josh Smith did something tonight that has not been done sine Hakeem the Dream did it. Which was 20+ Points 10+ Rebounds 5 Assists+ and 5+ Blocks. Pretty impressive for the young guy,

Josh was very good - but it didn't impact ..... we got slaughered in the second half. That asks the question - why? - - that effort and production should have helped to keep us close?

Because we have sh!t otherwise in the paint!!

SW can't do it all cause he is always fighting fouls and he's hurt. We have little else right now. Lo is basically useless.

I can't believe how horrible LO Wright has been. He really is pretty much useless and no help whatsoever to our team. Its pretty sad. He played better last year for Memphis. What the hell is wrong with him. HE looks old and slow out there and couldn't hit a FT if his life depended on it. Terrible signing that everyone including me thought would be at least solid at the time. He just hasn't produced anything for us.

Quote:

I can't believe how horrible LO Wright has been. He really is pretty much useless and no help whatsoever to our team. Its pretty sad. He played better last year for Memphis. What the hell is wrong with him. HE looks old and slow out there and couldn't hit a FT if his life depended on it. Terrible signing that everyone including me thought would be at least solid at the time. He just hasn't produced anything for us.

This brings a good question to mind. How long does it take a player to develop chemistry? My thoughts it would depend on the position. I.E it would take a lot longer for a PG to learn the playing styles, player speed how they need to receive the ball to maximize shot selection ECT. But a Center; you need to know week sides, how a player defends and when to back him up. Other than that your job does not change from team to team. I am not sure how hard it would be for a Center on offence. All you basketball geniuses please feel free to help me out.