• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How important is a win 2night at Arco

SmooveTheFuture

I think a win tonight solidfies us as a legit playoff contender. Considering all the injurys we have we are doing alot better then people expected. If we win this game tonight we are 3-2 on the road trip and heading home where we must get to winning at home. We lost some games we easily coulda won and won some(Denver) games we should have easily lost. What I like about this team no matter the score is we are gonna keep coming at you and fighting. A game like tonight would be huge for our confidence and would put us alot closer to .500 heading home. We still need to run the Ball to be at our best IMO. Defending the Paint is key also Shelden and Zaza have to be enforcers in there. I think this team is gonna be real good and are for real we can prove that tonight. Right Now I think the Goal is playoffs and anything short of that is a disappointment. We sure as heck have the Talent now with some our pieces coming back. GO HAWKS

Little season review report.

JJ has been an allstar player and the MVP for us if werent for him I dont know where we would be but he needs help he cant do it alone. Zaza and Lue have been good for us some nights which have helped to the wins. Zaza needs to be a more physical player on offense and defense he plays too soft at times. Lue has to become more of a Point Guard then a SG right now. He hurts the offense when hes the only touching the ball and chucking up shots.Smoove has been up and down but its clear when hes plays good we can win every game hes the xfactor for us. Hes been a slow starter then turned it on hopefully this year its sooner then later. Shelden has played like a rookie shows flashes of good things then looks lost at times. Salim is a role player who has to fill the role of shooting when we need it nothing more. I think guys like SPeedy and Lorezn Wright have been disappoining to say the least I expected more from them esp. Speedy he looks like a NBDL player. Solomon Jones has shown some nice skills and shot blocking but I think hes still really Raw. Frieje and Bozemen are awful and I would rather See Ivey get some PT over both of them. I think once Marvin and Chill get back into the mix we are def. a playoff team. We need to attack the basket run and play defense and we will be playing in the playoffs.

The Kings are really struggling right now as well. I believe they have lost three in a row, and Ron Artest has already started to wear out his welcome (to think there were some on here that actually though he would change). Mike Bibby is struggling big time this season, which is odd since it is a contract year for him.

Quote:

The Kings are really struggling right now as well. I believe they have lost three in a row, and Ron Artest has already started to wear out his welcome (to think there were some on here that actually though he would change). Mike Bibby is struggling big time this season, which is odd since it is a contract year for him.

Yes they are there best player this year Kevin Martin has been really struggling for the past 2 weeks. I really think if we can shut him down we have great shot at winning this game. Martin is the kind of guard that gives the Hawks a ton of problems. I will tell you this there will be alot of rebounds tonight and we have to keep guys like Brad Miller, Shareef Abdur-Rahim and Kenny Thomas from getting rebounds or they will kill us with 2nd chance points. Once the Kings start shooting from the outside which you know they love to do we have to send three guys to hit the glass. Because its gonna be that kind of game tonight also the Kings will look to run alot on us so our Guards have to step as well. Hopefully tonight Speedy has his best game of the season for us offensivly and on defense.

Honestly, I would have taken a 2-3 road trip ALL DAY. We were without Chill, Z, Speedy, and Marvin at various times and all of them against the Nuggets. I was worried we would go 0-5 because of the overall health of the squad. However, if we could somehow pull out a 3-2 trip...WOW!

When you look at our next 7-8 homes games our schedule is BRUTAL. This game tonight can give us some confidence for the next run of games. A 3-2 trip, under our health conditions, is amazing. Marvin needs to keep making progress and keep knocking the rust off. We are going to need big things from MW in the games ahead.

Quote:

They've lost FIVE in a row. This should be one of the teams that we should match up against inside. Shareef is averaging 12 and 6. (about what he's worth), and Miller has been hobbled by injuries. If we can get some guard play we should be able to beat them. But of course that's what we thought in Seatle and LA with their guys hurt.