• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tonight's win.

Diesel

• Premium Member

Tonight we saw the versatility of Reef. He played PJ Brown and gave him fits by facing up. Most Post up Pfs can't do that. He also shot a bit from outside. N.O. came in very weak though.

We also saw a 5 minute scoring drought with JT at the PG. Actually, JT again showed us his Big Dog imitation. We were 52% at the half, but in the second half, JT didn't see a shot he didn't like.

Finally, one other thing. We don't have a goto guy. When Charlotte was down and the game was close, Rathburn stated, the Hornets will goto Mash and he's asking for the ball. However, with us, we miss that element. Kinda why Glover made the game winner? That's not really a good thing.

However, it was a lackluster win...but a win is a win is a win in this league. Like I said, the Hornets will start dropping.... Maybe we can move up after the break. I still believe a trade is coming.

Well Reef had one lucky game againest Brown.Brown usally

holds him down pretty good.I didn't watch the game cause

I watched the football game so I am not totally sure what

all went on.

We dont have a goto guy, what hawks game have you been watching? You telling us that JT is not a goto guy, far better than Mash, thats for sure, he can get his shot off against anyone. The reason JT didnt get the ball was because Glover was handling the rock and he is not a pg that can put the ball on JT's hands like he wants it. On another note, I think we are a better ball club without the services of Big Dog. We get a nice sg, that can get us 15 ppg, and can handle the rock with 3 pt range and play solid D, we are in business. JT maynot be a true PG, but I wouldnt give him up for many f the PG's in this league, thats for sure. Our defense intensity has been tremendous, I actually had confidence on the Defense at the end to make stops. Good job guys

You have to start realizing that you don't need a ball handling shooting guard with Jason Terry. You need a legitimate point guard with Jason Terry.

It's so obvious that JT is much better when he doesn't have to be the guy to initiate the offense. Look at how smoothly things ran with Dickau running the point in the loss to Dallas, and.

Tonight, we saw JT have to handle the ball more, and he wasn't nearly as comfortable.

I agree with KB here, JT's better at sg - he can still create some assists and at times sub for pg...but he'd just be so much better with a bigger GUARD (not p, not s, just guard) who feels comfortable initiating (not the same as "running") the offense and plays good on the ball D - Wilks has two of these four qualities...he's a quick fix scrub

Let Dickau feed Newble in the perimeter. Dickau did so good with JT at the 2, cus JT was on fire, and also JT is a deadly shooter. Now answer this, why hasnt Dickau been able to beat out Wilks for minutes, I actually think Wilks is the better player and they are both rookies, so there is no veteran factor there. Dickau cant even beat out a NBDL "scrub" like you guys say. Well this so called "scrub" made some huge baskets in the 4th for us and also plays great on ball defense.

• Premium Member

I've been watching... And Yes, Terry has the attributes.. But this yr, I have yet to see Terry take over a game in the fourth when it's money time. I have yet to see him call for the ball. And be rentlentless in his scoring. If you think about it. Big Dog has the same attributes with the exception that Big Dog isn't timid about Shooting. However, what we really need is to define REEF as that goto guy. Reef needs to be the one to bark "Give me the ball everytime down." Stats prove true... When we go to Reef we win.

• Premium Member

I agree that Wilks defense sets him apart from Dickau.

However, how long do you think that will last. Dickau is not exactly a bad defender. Also... Wilks is not the playmaker that Dickau will be. You can watch both play... Wilks will make a pass. However, Dickau will make a play. Both are more comfortable initating offense better than JT... But in the long run, Dickau's ability will beat out Wilks. Wilks is a good fix for what we have now.

Also, about the developmental league. It's just that. I'm sure Wilks have seen more action against pro talent than Dickau.