• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Titans can make playoffs with a win and a loss fro

Plainview1981

Quote:

If they beat New England would you still think Vince Young is overrated?

He hasn't been winning games by himself. Travis Henry has played a big part. Travis had 120 yards today. Vince played great going 13/20 200 yards, 2TD's, 5 rushing attempts for 60 yards and a TD...

He played great today, but he simply hasn't done it himself.

Playoffs or no playoffs, it's been a big year for the Titans and it make lots of people including myself look foolish.

Maybe the hawks will do that one day, but I'm not holding my breath.

Well nobody in the league is good enough to win games by themselves. Not even Tomlinson. So why hold that against a rookie QB? I dont think anyone is claiming he is the MVP of the league, but good grief, the guy has obviously earned the praise he has been getting.

Quote:

Well nobody in the league is good enough to win games by themselves. Not even Tomlinson. So why hold that against a rookie QB? I dont think anyone is claiming he is the MVP of the league, but good grief, the guy has obviously earned the praise he has been getting.

He only completes 51% of his passes. Granted, I think he'll be a better thrower than Vick, but he's had 3 or 4 starts this year throwing under 100 yards. That's not how a QB is supposed to play.

Quote:

I dont watch the Titans much, so is the 51% a product of having bad receivers/lineman, or is he just not making the throws? Im sure its not play calling, because I think Jeff Fisher is one of the top 5 coaches in the NFL

Some of it is bad WR's without a doubt. Drew Bennett is the teams best WR and he's basically the white version of Todd Pinkston. Drops big passes and is scared to take the hits.

Bobby Wade and Bo Scaife aren't the cream of the crop in terms of WR's either.

yeah his completion % is low but as we all know its now how many passes you complete but when you complete the passes; he has given his team a chance to win and in the late stages of the game he gets his passes completed and has been leading them to victory; he is looking very good right now; the part i a concerned about is that mike vick was like this early in his career and well we see where he is now; 19 consecutive 4th quarters without a TD pass! that is just unacceptable

Quote:

Quote:

He only completes 51% of his passes. Granted, I think he'll be a better thrower than Vick, but he's had 3 or 4 starts this year throwing under 100 yards. That's not how a QB is supposed to play.

LOL @ hotlanta. You haven't even been paying attention to how Vince has been playing. He was supposed to struggle in his first few starts as a rookie QB, because EVERY rookie QB struggles. But to arbitrarily say that he's only completing 51% of this passes, is like saying that Smoove hasn't improved as a shooter, because he's only shooting 43% FG . . even though we all know that he's shot over 50% in December.

Vince Young's numbers during the Titans 6 game win streak.

@ PHI: 8 - 22 - 101 yds . . 1 TD . . 49 yds rushing

vs NYG: 24 - 35 - 249 yds . . 2 TD . . 69 yds rushing - 1 TD

vs IND: 15 - 25 - 163 yds . . 2 TD - 2 INT . . 78 yds rushing

@ HOU: 19 - 29 - 218 yds . . 1 INT . . 86 yds rushing - 1 TD

vs JAX: 8 - 15 - 85 yds . . 4 yds rushing

vs BUF: 13 - 20 - 183 yds . . 2 TD . . 61 yds rushing - 1 TD

Total:

87 - 144 - 60.4% comp - 999 yds

7 TD - 3 INT

347 yds rushing - 3 rushing TDS

1,246 total yds - 10 total TDs

Three come from behind 4th quarter wins and one OT win.

I like Mike Vick a lot, but Young is already better than Vick beacause of two major reasons.

When Vick gets in trouble, he tends to step backwards, takes his eyes off from downfield, tries to beat people to whatever side he's rolled to, and then make the decision to either run or throw. Most of the time, his best decision is to run, because he can't pick up where his receivers are. Vick is in his 6th year in the league, 5th as a starter, and still does the SAME THING.

When Young gets in trouble, he almost never takes his eyes from downfield, almost always either steps up in the pocket or slides to one side, looks downfield FIRST, then decides to either throw the ball or run. He's a rookie, and he already knows when to turn upfield, and not look to immeadiately run when he gets in trouble.

Most importantly, Vince is a born leader that the Titans players already completely trust. Mike is a great athletic QB who exhibits very little leadership qualities.

LOL @ that's not how a QB is supposed to play. A QB is supposed to lead his team to victory, no matter how he does it. And that's exactly what Vick does.

That'll be like complaining that a PG shoots too much and has a limited number of assists, because a PG is supposed to make his team better by getting them the ball. Tell that to a scoring PG like a Sam Cassell, who has always been labeled as a winner, even though he's not particularly regarded as being a great PG.

Quote:

I dont watch the Titans much, so is the 51% a product of having bad receivers/lineman, or is he just not making the throws? Im sure its not play calling, because I think Jeff Fisher is one of the top 5 coaches in the NFL

I watch the Titans every week, seeing that I live in Titans country. Young, at times, is way off with his passes, especially the short touch passes. But he's gotten better and better at throwing the short to intermediate pass.

The receivers he throws to, would'nt be no mroe than the #3 guy on any other team in the league, including the Falcons. Vince might actually be a little better than he is now, if he had a receiver the quality of Michael Jenkins or Ashlie Lelie . . and we all know that they're only average receivers on their best day.

Bennett is a #3 receiver.

Jones is getting better, but is no more than a #3 receiver, possibly a #4 receiver.

Bobby Wade has personally dropped about 3 Vince Young TD passes himself.

The Titans do have David Givens, from the Patriots, but he has been hurt the majority of the year.

So for the Titans to be able to do anything on offense, is a miracle.

Travis Henry does have a lot to do with the good fortunes of the Titans. You can also add what Pacman Jones brings to the table as a DB and as a KR/PR, as a big reason why the Titans are winning right now.

But make no mistake about it. This team is winning, mainly because of Vince Young and what he's able to do in the 4th quarter.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

LOL @ hotlanta. You haven't even been paying attention to how Vince has been playing. He was supposed to struggle in his first few starts as a rookie QB, because EVERY rookie QB struggles. But to arbitrarily say that he's only completing 51% of this passes, is like saying that Smoove hasn't improved as a shooter, because he's only shooting 43% FG . . even though we all know that he's shot over 50% in December.

Vince Young's numbers during the Titans 6 game win streak.

@ PHI: 8 - 22 - 101 yds . . 1 TD . . 49 yds rushing

vs NYG: 24 - 35 - 249 yds . . 2 TD . . 69 yds rushing - 1 TD

vs IND: 15 - 25 - 163 yds . . 2 TD - 2 INT . . 78 yds rushing

@ HOU: 19 - 29 - 218 yds . . 1 INT . . 86 yds rushing - 1 TD

vs JAX: 8 - 15 - 85 yds . . 4 yds rushing

vs BUF: 13 - 20 - 183 yds . . 2 TD . . 61 yds rushing - 1 TD

Total:

87 - 144 - 60.4% comp - 999 yds

7 TD - 3 INT

347 yds rushing - 3 rushing TDS

1,246 total yds - 10 total TDs

Three come from behind 4th quarter wins and one OT win.

I like Mike Vick a lot, but Young is already better than Vick beacause of two major reasons.

When Vick gets in trouble, he tends to step backwards, takes his eyes off from downfield, tries to beat people to whatever side he's rolled to, and then make the decision to either run or throw. Most of the time, his best decision is to run, because he can't pick up where his receivers are. Vick is in his 6th year in the league, 5th as a starter, and still does the SAME THING.

When Young gets in trouble, he almost never takes his eyes from downfield, almost always either steps up in the pocket or slides to one side, looks downfield FIRST, then decides to either throw the ball or run. He's a rookie, and he already knows when to turn upfield, and not look to immeadiately run when he gets in trouble.

Most importantly, Vince is a born leader that the Titans players already completely trust. Mike is a great athletic QB who exhibits very little leadership qualities.

LOL @ that's not how a QB is supposed to play. A QB is supposed to lead his team to victory, no matter how he does it. And that's exactly what Vick does.

That'll be like complaining that a PG shoots too much and has a limited number of assists, because a PG is supposed to make his team better by getting them the ball. Tell that to a scoring PG like a Sam Cassell, who has always been labeled as a winner, even though he's not particularly regarded as being a great PG.

"LOL @ that's not how a QB is supposed to play. A QB is supposed to lead his team to victory, no matter how he does it. And that's exactly what Vick does."

How many QB's like Vince Young have won a title? Vick... Well most of the time when Vick wins it's againest bad teams.

Really, more than Vince or Travis Henry it's luck. That's not taking a shot at anybody.. that's just the truth of it.