• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mayeb Charlotte could help us

codyatl

If we miss out on Oden and give our pic away to the suns why not contact Charlotte about Emeka Okafor. They will more thanlikely be in the top 3 and could draft another big to replace him and Marvin will be a big sale in Tarheel country. We could throw in Salim, a shooter they need as well. Imagine, if you will, JSmoove and Okafor manning the paint for the Hawks!!! WOW! No more layup central. Plus, he wouldnt slow us down if we ever decide to start pushing the ball. He is a good reb so he would get the break started. Thoughts?

I would do that trade in a heartbeat. Okafor brings much more to the table then Marvin does he actually plays good D and is one of the best shot blockers and rebounders in the league. He can also post up as well this would give Sean May alot more playing time for them. Right now Marvin Williams is just a one dimensional player we need way more then then from the number 2 overall pick. JJ along with Smoove and Meka would give the Hawks a very strong foundation and the team would be improved in so many ways. Also has anyone noticed that Marvin Williams is getting pissed at everything out there..

I think they would be open to discussion. We might have to thrwo in our other 1st but I would still do it. Marvin salim and a 1st should be enough for them to bite. Now, if they dont get a top 3 pick they might not be so willing to do it. But, alas, it wont matter cause our braintrust wouldnt be that smart.

• Moderators

Quote:

I thought they were playing Morrison at the 2?

They have no 2 right now but there is no way that Morrison can check 2s in the long run. To be fair, there is no way he can check 3s either but the cast of 3s in the league are not as imposing as the 2s. I don't think they envision him as their long-term shooting guard. They just have two valuable 3s (Morrison and Wallace) and two valuable ones (Felton and Knight) and nobody who is worth anything at the 2 (Anderson and Bogans both of whom I personally like a lot).