• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Man...this team is just playing terrible right now

capstone21

• Admin

I don't know what has happened to this team but it is not the same team I saw competeing to the end of games a month ago.

Even in our losses we use to be right there. This team is playing with no heart or effort. How many times have the Raptors out hustled us to the ball? If TO wasn't missing so many free throws this game would have already been a blow out at half time.

Where is the interior d? Why can't we dribble the ball up the court? Why can't we get Joe open? Why can't anyone else step up? WHy is Lo such a terrible player?

There needs to be a change. Either the coaching philosophy or a new player. This is getting hard to watch. I feel like I wasted my money getting NBA league pass this year. I was really looking forward to watching Atlanta compete this season but the product they are putting on the floor is not worth watching right now.

We're getting blown out after a significant amount of days rest, by the Raptors, without TJ Ford. JJ looks like he's given up after 29 games. He's not the same player he was earlier in the season...and I don't blame him for his frustration. I'm sorry to say, it's time to blow things up again. Youngest team or not, this ain't working. Blame the ownership, coaching, GM, players, whatever...this francise is just awful. I say this to only Hawksquakers because I know the only "true" fans come here, but I live in Ohio...and people here make fun of my love for the Hawks and the gear I wear. I'm sick of defending this francise, and another year is down the drain. Screw it...blow it up and start over with SOME kind of change!!!!!!!

Someone is going to take the fall, injuries or not. That is the coach, usually, and I'm perfectly fine with that. It may not be Woody's fault, but another year of being a laughing stock is unacceptable. Heads must roll..it doesn't matter who's, but change has to happen. C'mon guys, it was the last millenium since we were competitive...it's 2007. I'm really, really frustrated.

As far as JJ goes there is one key thing to remember...before the disaster against Utah in the 4th quarter he looked to TLue (then in street clothes) and said something like "I really don't know what to expect" (up twenty or so). That says it all (volumes) IMO. JJ has no confidence in these young guys - nor should he. Salim made the stupidest play ever and Utah ended up with a seven point possession and Utah ended up winning by six.

Why in the #^%@ would JJ have any confidence in this team now. We have to win a game to get over that Utah game and we just got flushed by Toronto. JJ's toe is hurting - I dunno - maybe this Dijon guy can do something. But whatever is done - somebody has to do something. confused.gif

Woody needed to be fired after last year. These guys are through playing for him. The fact that ownership can't see it and lets this go on is an indictment of them.

Billy Knight needs to be fired with him. Luol Deng will be an All-Star this year and he should be a Hawk. Yes, I like Chill but he is not the player of Deng. There cannot be a rational argument against that. Deron Williams/Chris Paul/Brandon Roy...promising Shelden, GIVING Al Harrington away, hiring Woodson, etc. Billy's rebuilding job is still right where it was 3 years ago...dead last is coming fast. How is it possible to still be the worst team after 3 long years? How does the Spirit not recognize there is more wrong than just injuries?

The Spirit has no shame. The losses mount and these guys just make excuses. Bob Hartley is a real coach. How the Spirit can't see the difference between their two coaches indicates a big problem. Billy and Woody need to be fired RIGHT NOW to send a message to these young guys that we are done screwing around. And we need a REAL coach, not some guy we get on the cheap. If the Spirit are not truly constrained by the Belkin saga then they need to pony up and prove it. This team makes me sick right now and I have to either go to the lousy game tomorrow or lose my money. What an investment these tickets turned out to be.

Thats why full season tickets are a bad idea with the Hawks. I'm stuck wondering whether to go and suffer, or just throw the money away and stay away. If these knuckleheads would make a couple of moves to get some juice back into the team it might be OK. But these guys NEVER DO ANYTHING.

They just sit there. Iverson would have at least made the team interesting. Nothing ever happens...no trades, no firings of incompetant employees, no nothing. Its funny, you would think that these guys would try something, anything to get out of this dead last deal again.

But they just sit there. And I'm probably not going tomorrow because it just sucks watching this team play basketball. I guess if you looked up the term "Dumbass" in the dictionary, the definition would be "Any man or woman who would part with hard earned cash to buy full season tickets to the Atlanta Hawks." And that is what I most assuredly must be.

Quote:

.... I guess if you looked up the term "Dumbass" in the dictionary, the definition would be "Any man or woman who would part with hard earned cash to buy full season tickets to the Atlanta Hawks." And that is what I most assuredly must be.

Hey TexasPete...no worries. I had a friend of mine who offered me a third of his season package and I was an inch from giving him a check - then I thought (these are the Hawks). So I didn't - figuring I could get a seat anytime I wanted for cheap out in front of the gym.

U coulda been right if the 4-1 start continued. My pay as you go strategy would have cost me double the price for good seats if we were 4-1....then 8-3...then 12-5....then 22-9.

But then these are the Hawks...easy team to bet against. smirk.gif

P.S. if we would have gotten A.I. I would have paid double face to see a game.

Guest Walter

Quote:

I don't know what has happened to this team but it is not the same team I saw competeing to the end of games a month ago.

That team was a short-term aberition. You play a larger guard like JJ 42 MPG as the primary if not only option and he's going to fall apart slowly if not rapidly. That as much as injuries, as much as teams shifting their focus to stopping JJ is the culprit. Speedy (at his price) and Lo were not answers to this team's short or long-term problems. SW isn't a quality 5 pick for most any team, but especially not one with such talent and positional needs and a forward glut.

This team does have SOME talent however and some salvagable players. It still should fight for a top 3 pick opportunity, pair that with Indy's approximately 20 pick, make what management changes it can using that capitol as enticement, and build a real, likely more traditional style contender. If it's Oden (especially) or Thabeet we get, I'd likely consider few changes for a year. If it's Durant, more significant changes would be necessitated. Regardless, it buys us enough talent and perhaps our existing talent enough time.

W