• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Since Speedy is likely done, why not...

ATL_BALLER

make a run at Maggette, plug him in the backcourt with JJ, and see what happens? I'd prefer to land a legit distributor, but it be interesting to see how this lineup would work:

G Maggette

G JJ

F Smoove

F Marvin

C ZaZa (or Shelden for small-ball)

The Bulls proved successful with their Harper/Michael backcourt - then again, JJ is no Jordan. Interesting experiment (I know, we tried before with JJ and Chill, but Maggette is an upgrade, scoring-wise). Not sure what it would take to land Corey, or if it's a good idea. Thoughts?

• Premium Member

The guy I would target would be Rajon Rondo. I think we need to think more pure PG and less scoring PG. Rondo and Smoove has good History. ROndo is a good on ball defender. I was watching boston play and Telfair is the man. I was thinking last year that Rondo was the second man. I think they have a nice guard rotation when you add in Green and Ray. So, It's not to difficult to see them parting with their third PG... Rondo... Even though West is hurt, he should be back soon.

I would give up Salim.

I know I don't post much, but I've been to alot of games this year and against Detroit I sat right behind the end of their bench. When Ivey was in the game, Sheed/Naz/Delfino and McDyess all made comments that you have to respect his 17ft and in, and that he's active. I know not many like Ivey, but he plays good D and when given the opportunity he can score 6-8pt on kick-outs. With confidence I know Ivey can do the job as a distrubitor, so I would trade for a big!

There really aren't any bigs worth getting that we could realistically trade for. Good bigs are hard to come by. I disagree about Ivey though, he isn't a distributor and he's never played PG in his life save the Hawks. He played SG at Texas, just another classic mistake by BK. He does have a pretty good midrange J and defense though.

To the original argument, I'd trade Marvin for Maggette.